Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Three more light fabrics...............


Since there will be 14 rows for the length of the red quilt I decided there should be 14 different light fabrics for the inserted border pieces.  I showed 11 fabrics yesterday and these 3 will be added.

Yesterday I cut batting pieces for 2 huge quilts that I'm going to send out for quilting.  I was kidding myself thinking that I could quilt them.  They are just too large for me to handle.  I measured the backing fabrics too and now they are ready to send out.  There are two more that I'm thinking of sending out too.  This will eliminate some from my list of large quilt tops, ones that are 81" or longer on the longest side (13 currently on that list).  I can handle the ones close to 81" and maybe I can get some of them finished this year too.

8 comments:

Julierose said...

81" --those are BIG quilts--I don't blame you for sending them out for quilting--good idea!!
Only 37 here this morning--and very windy...but sunny!! I will be glad to have my dental checkup over with after this morning!! ;000
Hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

does your long arm not handle the large quilts? My hand quilting frame can fit up to 110 inches on it pretty well.

JJM said...

Your stash is like none other ~ to add yet three more lovely pieces of the same color value shows, you can shop right at home, once again.

Good to hear you decided to send your over sized quilts out ~ especially when you know it’s going to be too much for you. At our age each day we realize what we want to do and what can do are two different things, and realize it.

JJM

Anonymous said...

Wanda, I love the light fabrics you have picked for sashings and cornerstones. These will really complement the array of red fabrics! Looking forward to seeing this quilt top evolve!!
By the way, I know you have a birthday in the next few days, but I seem to have a memory lapse as to the exact date….so, I am going to go ahead and wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY now…..hope you have a great one!!
Sandra B
scb23229@yahoo.com

Barbara Anne said...

These 3 additional light fabrics will add wonderfulness to the red squares along with the 11 light fabrics you'd already selected.

How wise of you to send your large quilts elsewhere to be quilted by someone with younger shoulders!

Hugs!

Patty said...

Who knew Kaffe had designed so many light fabrics? You did! I’m glad you have someone you can trust to quilt the bigger quilts.

Ann said...

I think I’ve quilted my last large one, too. Isn’t it good we know who to send them to?

Mystic Quilter said...

You have three of my favourite lights here Wanda. The centre one I did have a small piece but now all used up long ago, I see that PJ is bringing of new colours next year - that's if I have the correct design!