Tuesday, November 7, 2023

An everything day................

First thing in the morning I went through the light neutral Kaffe collective fabric bin.  I found 11 pieces that I think will work for the pieced inner border I talked about on yesterday's post.

Then it was time to grocery shop, vacuum and do laundry.  I never got around to cutting the neutral fabric strips.  I need 50 of the 1.5" x 6.5" pieces and 4 squares 1.5".  I can get 6 strips plus some squares out of each 1.5" crosswise strip.  That will yield more than I need but will give me more freedom in choices of what goes where.

10 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh now I do love those light KF value prints a lot!! You have a nice collection to use...;)))
55 here and raining when I got up--just misting now. It's hard to know what to wear on these in-between days--you're either too hot or too cold...
hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

with all of that out of the way you can play with fabric today

Quiltdivajulie said...

Hooray for freedom of choice in designing! LOVELY assortment of light KF neutrals (I am still going to make my KF low volume quilt - maybe next year?)

Linda Swanekamp said...

Great picks from the stash to complete the quilt. Can't wait to see it.

Nann said...

Those light/low-volume prints would be wonderful in their own quilt!

JJM said...

What a delightful array of neutrals for that little border that makes a huge beautiful difference in this piece.

JJM

Barbara Anne said...

What wonders you accomplish in a day! Applause and color me green with envy. Sigh.

Love the lighter fabrics and I look forward to the pieced border you have in mind. Have you decided to break up the square to square layout with those interesting narrow strips?

Hugs!

Patty said...

My comment yesterday wouldn’t post which was the narrow inset strips elevate the red squares beautifully. Those light prints are fantastic.

audrey said...

Such beautiful fabrics.:)

Mystic Quilter said...

The light KFC fabrics are so lovely to see and catching up with your earlier post I like your idea of the pieced inner border.