Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Borders on.................


I did everything I could think of to delay sewing the border on this I Spy quilt.  Borders are always a time for procrastination for me.  They aren't that hard, just not the most fun part of assembly.  Eventually I pressed the top and border fabric and got busy on it.  I decided on a 4.5" cut border. I'll press it and photograph it today.  I think it should be about 68" x 80".

I'm going to get the 2 quilts I sent out for quilting back today.  There will some binding time in my future.  One will be all by machine, the other might get hand finished.

8 comments:

Helenchaffin said...

I luv the little striped border,I know what you mean about borders,they can add to or take away from a quilt

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love that bright stripe!

Pam said...

I remember that stripe! I had some. I love stripes.
Great I Spy.

JJM said...

This quilt needed a fun border and even though you were procrastinating about stitching it on, it makes a big impact for this piece. Love those little dots on the stripes too.

JJMf

Barbara Anne said...

I look forward to seeing this whole quilt! In the scrunched up photo, those joyful colors and happy border print and a glorious delight. I enjoy sewing on borders as I'm always eager to see the quilt tops all together.

Hugs!

Julierose said...

What a super rainbow striped border choice!! I think it will really enhance your I Spy beautifully. I don't mind borders too much...it's the layering and pinning that gets to my back...
Only 27 this morning as I left early, supposedly to beat the crowds, to do my Thanksgiving shopping! Well, seems everyone else had the same idea!! Phew--\having a 2nd cup of coffee and a little "Donette" to calm down...;0000

BUT... ;)))) I FOUND a lovely, pale raspberry-colored Christmas Cactus--just loaded with buds and blooms...hooray!!
{one piece fell off when another shopper banged into my cart!!--Um excuse me???So I am trying to root it--do you put the pieces in water first or directly into soil???}
And the count down to this Friday's hosting begins...
Hugs, Julierose

pbj fiber marietta said...

This border does it Wanda...love it!

Mystic Quilter said...

Isn't that border fabric just perfect! Nice to see it in close up against a few of the squares, I love the piggies and frogs.