Friday, November 24, 2023

Still hand stitching..............

I really didn't spend a lot of time hand stitching the binding yesterday.  I'm half done now so I hope today I will get it finished. Then I can trim the other quilt.





While taking a break from stitching I played on my smaller design wall with some of the 6.5" squares of Kaffe collective fabrics.  This is from the multicolor pile and I was just playing with what is available to come up with an idea.  I will NOT sew this.  I need to go to my larger double design wall in the basement and take all of the squares down there.  Now I have an idea of how many really light squares are in the group.

8 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that binding color sure goes well with the quilt

helenreimers said...

I just love your colorwash quilts.

Quiltdivajulie said...

The second set of squares promises to turn into something wonderful! So many great fabrics. ENJOY the hand stitching (slowly, of course).

JJM said...

TAW binding finished by hand, an elegant finish added on a quilt that is so lovely.

Playing with those blocks couldn’t help but come out looking like a colorwash happening. (*._.*)

JJM

Barbara Anne said...

Wonderful progress on the Trip quilt and am glad you're pacing yourself so your hands don't hurt. Isn't it nice to be cozy under a quilt that you're stitching when it's cold outside?

I look forward to seeing today's lighter squares with those from the basement design wall. Something else delightful is brewing!

Hugs!

Julierose said...

It's always easier to see what you have on a wall I think...
I hope you get to finish sewing that binding over the weekend...

We are in recuperation mode after hosting our sit down dinner for 12 plus two dogs that don't get along (!!!!)
I think our days of doing this are numbered--or maybe done...we did so enjoy being all together, of course, just that we are not used to all the hub-bub
any more....looking forward to "back to normal" tomorrow...hugs, Julierose

Connie said...

The title of this post fits right in with my life here . . . I'm still hand quilting a quilt I started over a year and a half ago. Sure hope I get it done this year :)

Patty said...

I really like the backing. It’s good you’re now halfway done. Maybe it will feel like it is going quicker now. The combination of colors in the squares is so interesting and unique!