Thursday, November 23, 2023

Binding started..............


I got one of the huge quilts trimmed, binding cut and sewn on and hand stitching started.  I have one long side done.  This quilt was started way back around 2000 (or earlier) and was used as a sample in progress for many Trip Around the World classes that I taught.  I finished sewing it together at some point after I started this blog (July 4, 2007).

At the end of 2014 I sewed on the border and took this photo.  Now 9 years later it is quilted and close to being finished.  I'm not sure if I can get it up on the double design wall for a photo because it is longer than the 96" wall and is a lot heavier with batting in it.  It might take me a couple more days to finish the hand stitching but it hopefully will be finished this month.

Happy Thanksgiving to my USA friends.  We had an early dinner when my out of state family was here at the beginning of the month so today will be a low key day.

13 comments:

Gene Black said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Libby in TN said...

Have a blessed day!

Donna said...

Goodness! This is just Gorgeous!
hugs
Donna

Mary said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Wanda. I hope you have a very nice day.

Julierose said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!
what a lovely low volume quilt!! Such nice soft colors in this one--it's also a "trip around the world" to bind at that size ;))))
40 here this morning--this is our housekeeping day before our guests arrive tomorrow...hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

great quilts, have a restful day!

JJM said...

Such a lovely Trip Around the World… your fabrics have a beautiful, gentle, softness appeal. I’m know it is nice warm quilt also. And so good to know it’s on its way to the finish line after all these years.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving day.

JJM

Nann said...

Worth the wait. It's lovely. Serene and calming. (But, wow, your style has changed!)

Barbara Anne said...

What a lovely quilt and well done in making so much progress on its binding!

I look forward to seeing the 2nd large quilt you had quilted when its turn for binding comes around.

Happy Thanksgiving! Hope you saved some leftovers to enjoy today.

Hugs!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Just an awesome quilt. Beautiful finish.

Vicki W said...

It may be an old quilt but the colors are timeless. It's beautiful! I hope you had a lovely and relaxing day.

Patty said...

Happy Thanksgiving! You got a lot done on that quilt. 4 hours to get the binding sewn on, and a couple hours of hand stitching is a good day’s work.

Mystic Quilter said...

That is one huge quilt!!! I do like the soft colours in in this particular TATW quilt.