Sunday, November 19, 2023

Center panel sewn............


Nothing else was on my schedule so I had 3 sewing sessions yesterday and got the center panel of I Spy 2 sewn.  Today I'll look for border fabrics.  I have several pieces with letters and numbers but also have some bright stripe fabrics.    


I'm enjoying this display so much.  The 2 cacti that aren't in the photo still just have buds but should bloom soon.




In the morning light these blooms look like lavender but they are really pink.  The ones on the left are pale pink and the ones on the right deeper rose.

 

7 comments:

Helenchaffin said...

the I spy quilt is going to be so cute! the center looks great! beautiful Catie blooms,African Violets are pretty to grow but need so much babieing lol

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the I Spy is looking great. All those blossoms look so good - mine will all be pink I think although one still has no blossoms

Barbara Anne said...

Well done in getting the I Spy quilt center sewn together all in one day and enjoy auditioning the many border fabrics. Maybe have a narrow 1st border and a wider outer border?

What happy eye candy your cacti blooms make.

Hugs!

JJM said...

This morning I enlarged “I Spy” and looked at every single one of the blocks. Animals to fruits and vegetables are all so unique and fun ‘one of a kind’. And you have created such a wonderful ‘one of a kind’ quilt top.

I agree your cactus have really been putting on a show for you.

JJM

Warm Quilts said...

Your "I Spy" quilt is a beautiful splash of colors and themes!

Julierose said...

That I Spy center panel is so cute--what fun someone will have finding all the items!!:))))
Sunny and windy today--my temp is 51 right now--[this morning the screen was out as my Davis wasn't getting any info from the antenna for some reason--but it finally has popped back on] Quite windy AGAIN here--no walk today, resting my back a bit...
I hope to find a cactus to start my collection this week...
hugs, Julierose

Patty said...

You have made a lot of progress on the I Spy top. Cactus- so pretty!