Friday, November 17, 2023

One new, continuing on red............


I started laying out the second I Spy quilt on the double design wall in the basement.  This one is 6.5" squares with a dark/light alternating with mediums thrown in wherever I like them.  I need to still add 3 rows to the length but 10 squares is the width (60").




Now back to the red Kaffe squares quilt top.  This is the worst instersection, done when I was in a hurry to finish the second half.








Now that is better.  I can live with this.  There were 5 places altogether that I picked out and re-sewed.  I'm much happier with the top now.








Now the top is all sewn together and waiting to be pressed today.







More blooms yesterday.  The top left is white, the top right is pale pink.  Bottom left is champagne and middle row right, medium rose.  The other two in the lower right still just have buds.  I know one is champagne color, not sure what the other one is.


As much as I love all of the colors, the white ones are so elegant and I always look forward to them. 

9 comments:

Julierose said...

"I Spy" is looking good; I can see how much better that intersection looks now, too, on Red Squares. I never noticed it before --but I guess closer up you could see it...good work re-sewing this...

Those cacti are so pretty; and you are so right about the white one being elegant! What a beauty;)))

47 here early this morning with fog--back to warmer weather; we are seeing many bugs and moths be rejuvenated in these warmer temps!!:000
Hugs for a good weekend...Julierose

Nann said...

If the knowledge of a mispiecing will drive you crazy then it's best to correct it! (Let's just not look hard to find those we may have missed....) Are the I Spy quilts for particular occasions or just to have on hand? (And use up stash, of course.)

JJM said...

You have created another piece so full of fun, with your ‘I Spy’ blocks. And I so look forward to seeing your ‘Reds’ all pressed and dressed for its formal photo.

Such a oretty array of cacti blossoms

JJM

JJM said...

Pretty NOT oretty ….

sue s said...

I know how you feel about the intersection. I'm working on a quilt that has sashing pieces forming a star, if put together right...Spent a lot of time with Jack trying to achieve it!

Barbara Anne said...

Love the new I Spy beginnings and well done in finishing the red top! You're on a roll again. :)

Your cacti are lovely. Hope they are still blooming when Christmas arrives.

Hugs!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Nice, fresh I Spy, what is not to like? Wonderful blooms. Can't wait to see Big Red.

MissPat said...

Lovely idea for a quick I Spy quilt. I think I have more novelties with dark backgrounds than light. I have trouble letting poorly matched intersections stay, too. Even though many people wouldn't notice, I would know they were there. So I usually redo them. Part of my pesky perfectionism.
Pat

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that quilt top is getting done already - one to another. Love all the blossoms a couple of mine are finally opening