Monday, November 20, 2023

Border chosen..................


I went through 3 shelves of fabric and finally decided on this stripe for the border of I Spy 2.  I bought it way back in the late 1990s with a kid's quilt in mind for it.  I might use it for a border on I Spy 3 also.




I was looking through the rest of the 6.5" Kaffe collective squares that I pulled all of the red/pink/orange from for the red quilt top I just finished.  I don't know if I want another all squares quilt with so much high contrast.




I ended up with quite a few of the red group too because I only used a maximum of 2 of each fabric and there were as many as 6 of some them.  With all of these reds mixed back in it would make a nice multicolor quilt top.




While trying to make a decision on that I worked on 3 dishcloths.  2 pairs of needles, 3 projects.  This way I can pick up whichever one interests me and they will all get finished about the same time. 

12 comments:

Sumac said...

I have knit facecloths with dishcloth patterns using cotton chenille.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

good idea on the knitting

Mary said...

I never thought of approaching a knitting project like that!

Marnie Haines said...

Love the playful border stripe for the I Spy 2. I've been watching your Christmas (Thanksgiving) Cacti with envy. Yesterday afternoon finally saw some wee buds on mine.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I hope you do go for another multicolor all squares quilt - there are some gorgeous fabrics in that mix!

Julierose said...

Neat border choice for the I Spy--you are really moving along with this one...
i like that dishcloth idea...
Only 29 here this morning and at 10 now, only 37--windy and chilly...
I made crock pot beef stew for us for our dinner tonight--leftovers will be for the day before company comes...getting out recipes, gifts, bowls for serving etc etc...hugs, Julierose

JJM said...

Todays post shows a lot of energy going on yesterday.
Striped border ~ perfect
Sorting blocks for another top ~ dazzling array of blocks
3 dishcloths started ~ only you would start 3 all at once

JJM

Nann said...

I recognize that stripe! Very versatile for a border or a binding. Of course I"ll be back to see how you sort the fabric for the next quilt.

Barbara Anne said...

Perfect binding fabric and you've reminded me of a similar stripe I have that will be perfect for binding a UFO that lurks here.

Love the glorious array of fabrics that you may use in another quilt soon.

Alas, my hands won't play nicely together so I can knit or crochet but that's just a little regret. I can cross stitch, applique, embroider, doodle, and sew on a machine, so that's enough to keep me happy.

Hugs!

Helenchaffin said...

Your quilt is coming along nicely,that's what I'm doing today,adding borders, we're in for rain the next few days,it will make for good sewing days,luv the knitting,that is one thing I never could get the nack for

Mystic Quilter said...

Lovely vivid fabric for the border. That collection of 6.5" squares from KF is stunning, hope you do go for a multicolour top!

Patty said...

That striped fabric will make a fun border.