Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Trimmed............


After lunch yesterday I was in the basement doing a load of laundry and trimming the strippy quilt.  I also got the binding strips cut.

At my pacemaker visit yesterday they once again predicted 1 1/2 years of battery left.  They have told me that 3 years in a row.  The tech that does the readings wants me back in 6 months instead of a year to check it again.  When I saw the Dr. he said there is a 90 day cushion built in the the estimated life left.  That means if I get down to 6 months predicted, it will really be 9 months because of the 90 day cushion.


I cut more light fabrics for the Fonthill quilt and sewed 31 more for the center panel.









These 3 groups will be sewn into pinwheels for the borders of Fonthill.

 

9 comments:

Libby in TN said...

When my MIL's battery was near it's predicted end time, we decided not to replace it because her condition was so delicate at that time. She lived another three years (to almost 100) which made us wonder if she ever really needed it in the first place! (or was she just being her stubborn self?)

Cherie Moore said...

Amazing technology they have now! It must be reassuring to know there’s a cushion of time built into their estimates.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I would think they would go ahead and replace it in the six months unless they really like to hold out on it to the very end of its time?

Quiltdivajulie said...

Good information to have in hand re pacemaker. And that quilt is going to be awesome.

Julierose said...

Nice that you have that built-in cushion on your pacemaker--good for your peace of mind i would think...;)))
I love the fabrics in the border triangles...jus so pretty and calm...
I cannot believe that I would think that 70 DP is not so bad!! Anyway after the 80 DP of a few days ago, it does feel better out there. Temp is 78 and we have smokey skies once again...altho' I don't smell any smoke the air is very dense feeling...
Today is a rest from my applique project--I need to re-think some things--am not happy with: door/window fabrics, kitty, and eagle--it just looks a bit cluttered. Perhaps I will omit them...
hugs, Julierose

DebbieR said...

Sounds like a good plan to have that extra 90 days, just in case when it's time to replace it. If there's any sort of delay at the hospital, staffing, someone gets sick, etc. there's still time. Best wishes to you.

JJM said...

It’s kind of puzzling the battery life was predicted the same length of time 3 years in a row. .

Good work on Strippy Quilt and stitching more triangles for Fonthill …. That is going to be one sensational work of art.

JJM

Barbara Anne said...

Well done in getting the strip quilt trimmed and I love the binding fabric you've chosen for it. It has subtle movement but will frame those wonderful fabrics perfectly.

Aren't pacemakers amazing? AMIL had one and she said she felt like she had no heart trouble at all after it was implanted.

Hugs!

Patty said...

Working on finishing the stripy quilt in small chunks is a good way to go at it. Same for the Fonthill top.