Saturday, July 8, 2023

Binding chosen but not cut..............


A lot of the pieces that I have left in this Weather Report line of fabrics are less than full width or less than half yards so I had 2 larger pieces to choose between for the binding.  This one (right) is my choice, the blue is the backing on the quilt.  The quilt is trimmed so I just need to press the binding fabric and cut the strips.



Here is the binding audition.  It doesn't show up very well on the white cutting mat.  I think it will look nice.  I have to decide if I'm going to hand stitch this one down.  I'll test a needle on this fabric and see how easily it slips through.






I finished mowing the last 1/3 of my yard yesterday afternoon.  Rain was predicted but it dried up by the time it would have reached us.  Maybe rain overnight.

The Stella D' Oro lilies are starting to bloom.


The Blackberry Lily has one bloom and several more buds.  







I was just telling someone on Sunday that I hadn't seen many Japanese Beetles this year.  Well, I found them.  This is the remainder of an Evening Primrose plant.  First they eat all of the leaves and sometimes even the stems.  They don't usually start in until the plants are done blooming.

The black raspberries are done for the season.  That means the Blackberries will be ripening soon.

Last night I started sewing pinwheels again for the Kaffe Fonthill quilt.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Last year the Japanese Beetles were all over my geraniums. This year they were thick on the basil but since our multiple heavy rainstorms I have seen only one. I’m keeping an eye out 🤨. -Roxanne

Julierose said...

Love the binding and backing fabric--i had a small charm pack of that line--so pretty!! And all used up for a gifted tabletopper...
It is overcast here and a cooler morning temp of 72 (!) but really muggy with DP at 71. I won't be doing a whole lot today as my thumbs are bothering me this morning--I have used them for a lot of sewing stuff and glue booking cutting with scissors...a reading day...hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have been finding Japanese Beetles too - my berries are all about done now in fact some of the blackberry bushes seem to be drying up a bit.

JJM said...

Nice post today Wanda ~ Backing and binding so lovely for Snails Trail. . . . Pretty little lily blossoms.

JJM

Barbara Anne said...

Those pesky beetles are here, too, and are so annoying.

Love that quilt, the backing, and the binding fabric. Nice to have had enough of it in your stash!

Storms are in the forecast for this afternoon, but it remains to be seen if the rain falls here. We could certainly use it. Yesterday there was thunder and about 12 raindrops.

Hugs!

Patty said...

I have plenty of the Weather Report fabric so if you what to use one of the other fabrics that you don’t have enough let me know. You need what? A half yard? I’d be more than happy to mail you a piece. You lilies are so pretty. I have gotten rid of all of one since the deer eat them.