Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Squares changed.........


I changed out the squares on the design wall to a gold color and it looks a lot better.  I'm trying to stay with the value changes that are in the original Fonthill quilt so I didn't want them to become too dark.  That is all I did on the quilt yesterday.  The dust bunnies in my house were threatening to become full grown rabbits so it was time to do a little cleaning.

Then I worked on the table that my Studio die cutter sits on.  It had piles of fabric everywhere, a lot of it scraps that just needed to be sorted and moved. That took me 3 hours so you can imagine how deep the piles were.


I took the Improv Strippy quilt off the design wall where its portrait was taken and threw it across this twin bed.  The sunlight coming in the window really washed out the colors in the photo.  Also batiks have a slight sheen because they are so tightly woven.  This quilt is heavy with all of those seams.

The next 4 days are predicted to be in the 90s and getting more humid each day so I'm sure I'll be inside playing.

 

11 comments:

Nann said...

Wanda, I think you have a spam comment....... The new quilt looks wonderful in that purple bedroom. Vibrant paint color! And the corner squares stand out better.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is a pretty quilt. it will be hot here too and I have a feeling as we are heading to August that we will have a hot beginning of August also. I haven't been getting much done outside this year

Anonymous said...

The Strippy quilt looks good. I should make one like yours, I'm not the best at matching up seams yet. I like the wall color too!
Yesterday's quilt looks amazing with all those different fabrics & pieces.
I was going to take my dog for a walk this morning, but the humidity is at
87% - so no walk today...

Kay in Kansas

JJM said...

Nice and noticeable change to Fonthill. And Improv Strippy has the ‘WOW’ appeal ! It is stunning to say the least. And I’m so glad you put.it on your single bed it really shows it off. And I agree bedroom walls just sing along with Improv Strippy quilt.

JJM

Kara Kwilts said...

I just love this quilt! Heavy quilts are so comforting to me. They remind me of my childhood quilts, heavy and warm. :)

Quiltdivajulie said...

Washed out or not, it looks fabulous on the bed. And I like the change you made to the squares in your version of Fonthill. Going to be that hot here, too, so we will be going out only early in the AM and then hiding indoors. Thankfully almost everyone has their power back now or will by later today. It is brutal to be without A/C when the temps are in the 100 range.

Kristin said...

I love your striped quilt and it looks great on a bed! Great job!

Barbara Anne said...

The changed HSTs in the border corners suits the quilt top much better, IMHO. Good choice!

I love your Strippy quilt but hadn't considered the added weight from those many seams. The colors look wonderful!

91*F here today and 97*F by Friday. Typical July weather here in Virginia but I don't tolerate heat like I used to.

Hugs!

Penny Schine Gold said...

Wow, great as this quilt looked on the design wall, it looks even more wonderful on a bed!

Vicki W said...

It looks really pretty on the bed!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

The Improv Strippy really shines on that twin bed!
We're at "just survive the heat" mode here. Thank God for air conditioning!