Wednesday, July 12, 2023

More hand sewing and garden walk...........


No photo of the hand stitching of the binding on the Snail's Trail quilt; it would look just like yesterday's photo.  I am now half way finished.

My garage pots are looking great.



This is the other group of 3 pots  The Coleus gives so much color so I don't always need blooming plants.






I planted Moss Roses last year over by my Sedums hoping they would self seed.  Well, they did but over in other areas.  These 2 are nice and healthy.





This one is over at the opposite end of the front garden and the Coral Bell flowers have flopped over on top of it.






I caught the sunlight creating a golden path through my back garden.

We got a small rain storm yesterday afternoon.  It didn't even wet the whole driveway.  Once again the storm went up to the Chicago suburbs that have already had flooding from the storm 2 weekends ago.  Rain predicted overnight last night and again we are predicted to get a smaller amount of rain than the suburbs.  The larger storms are predicted to come around lunch time today.  I would like to see at least an inch in my rain gauge.

7 comments:

Julierose said...

What a pretty sunlit pathway!! The Coleus is so vibrant--really nice.
i am off to go food shopping this morning before that heat & humidity coming our way takes hold later on today...
It is already 75 at 8 am with 73 DP--ugh!! Quick like a bunny--in and out of the car...hugs, Julierose ;)))

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the plants are really looking pretty

JustGail said...

The last photo is very pretty. We got .5" of rain early this morning, more on the way to hit about 9:30. High winds (60mph?) of course, I'm hoping those die down before it gets here.
Your garden looks so good. Again this year, my garden is pathetic. The tomatoes are only about 1 foot tall. Seeds don't seem to germinate well and what does germinate grows very slowly. It's time for a soil test I think. Or to get serious about relocating it and doing raised beds like I've wanted to do for years. Or give it up and focus on the quilts and needlework?
I hope you get some rain today too.

JJM said...

Gorgeous pots of plants at your garage… I agree your Coleus plants are stunning to say the least. And that sun lit path in your back garden makes that photo so intriguing. Floral lovely post today Wanda.

JJM

Barbara Anne said...

I know what you mean about the photos of sewing on binding would look the same! Well done on your progress!

Love the pretty pots of colorful Coleus and flowers and the sunshine on your flowers is magical.

Hugs!

Quiltdivajulie said...

We used to plant annual flowers in our pots in the back yard - now we use only Lime Green and a few other contrast-edged or variegated coleus - they are so bright and they grow SO well.

Linda Swanekamp said...

The rain went north of us, so I guess I will have to water today. Your garden looks lush and summery.