Saturday, July 1, 2023

June 2023 monthly recap..............


One finish for June.  That makes 11 finishes so far this year.

I have been calling this one light Winged Square because I made a second quilt with all of the dark blocks.  This one is 46.5" x 70", a perfect cover up for an afternoon nap.

It has Hobbs 80/20 batting, light beige Superior So Fine thread on top, cream color Superior Bottom Line in the bobbin.



The backing is an older Philip Jacobs fabric called Blowsey, one of my favorites.














The binding is by Brandon Mably, one of the Kaffe Collective group.






There was also just one quilt top finished in June.  This is a small baby quilt size, 30" x 36".  I plan on making this is in other colors too.  I made a yellow one last year and it has already been gifted.



It isn't too obvious what the prints are from a distance but this is what the little one will see, zebras (thanks Julie!) and frogs from many years ago.

Below is a collage of the 11 finishes for the first half of 2023.  You can get to the all of the monthly recaps by clicking on the link after Labels at the end of this post.


13 comments:

Kathy said...

I missed a nap yesterday...maybe I can borrow your lovely little quilt to curl up under for one today!

Julierose said...

What lovely finishes for the 1st half of 2023--Light Winged Square turned out so beautifully..Love those color ways...
We are in a dense fog this morning with 63 temp and. therefor, high humidity...
According to "Airnow.gov" the quality of our air is good right now...so, an early walk outside is in order for us.
Hugs, Julierose

Sue Vermeland said...

What a sunny bit of eyecandy on such a dreary day here! I always enjoy your blogpost first, Wanda. Gives me a head start on my creative thought processes. Love your light winged square!

Nann said...

The monochrome zig zags are great! I've been admiring the winged square blocks all along....now they're calling me.

JJM said...

Light Winged Square finished to perfection ~ Baby Green so vivid and welcoming for a new baby. A month well done, not to mention your work on Font Hill this month.

And a dazzling collage of half year finishes also. Great post today Wanda.

JJM

Diane Perin said...

Your light winged square turned out beautifully! ALMOST makes me want to try one… I am contemplating whether I want to do all those HSTS. Come to think of it, I do have some ancient rolls of Thangles for HSTS, might be the perfect way to use them up!

Kristin said...

I love your Winged Square quilt and that binding fabric is fabulous!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you have a lot of nice finishes for the year and it is only half way done

Barbara Anne said...

Wonderful, colorful, and happy quilts, one and all! Well done, Wanda!!!

Hope it is not too smoky where you are. It's hazy here but not as bad as elsewhere.

Hugs!

Lynn Dykstra said...

What a delightful mix over the first half of the year!

Patty said...

The winged square turned out so pretty and the green one is so cute! 11 finishes so far for the year is great!

cityquilter grace said...

such very pretty projects...green is so NOT a fave color of mine but that zig zag is gorgeous!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Loving your 'winged square' quilt, such a pretty combo of KF fabrics! And a great half year of finishes, very productive!