Saturday, July 29, 2023

Pinwheel progress............


Yesterday morning I cut triangles from the fabrics shown yesterday.  There were enough triangles for 52 pinwheels but I only need 40.  I also had a few triangles left from previous cutting.  I got 15 new pinwheels sewn.



Those new colors will be mixed in with the piles of pinwheels already completed which are mostly in blues and brown tones (as shown in the center pile).  I need to sew 25 more.



Here is yesterday's temperature and feel like temperature.  There is a weatherbug station at our high school as noted on the screen.  It is about a mile from my house.  The highest dewpoint that I saw yesterday was 81. We rarely ever have a DP over the high 70s so this was really thick moist air.  We had a storm come through in the early morning and got a half inch of rain.  More storms coming through as I type this at 10:30 p.m. Friday.  I set my posting time for 3:30 a.m. so this post is dated Saturday the 29th.

 

8 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

so many pretty pinwheels and you get the centers to match up so well.
So hot all over the country - I hope you do not get bad storms from it. With the ocean getting so hot I'm afraid to think what hurricane season will be like

Julierose said...

You go girl--that is a mighty pile of pinwheels you've finished...so pretty.
8:30 and already 75.5 with DP 74! Today is forecasted as the hottest and most humid so far--81 is definitely a high DP!! I am surprised that our grid hasn't gone down with all the AC's going full blast these hot days...thankfully...;)))
Stay as cool as you can hugs, Julierose

JustGail said...

We got 70mph hour winds for a few minutes about 9:00pm, and maybe a couple tenths inch of rain, if that. Better than nothing, or a tornado, though.

Your Fonthill quilt top is looking Really Good. When I first saw that yellow stripey border fabric I thought it was...not pretty. OK, rather ugly to be honest. Seeing it with the rest of the quilt, now I think "Gorgeous!".

Nann said...

The Trib reported that the heat index yesterday was 110 inland and 105 by the lake. It was hot here but it didn't seem unbearable. Of course I was indoors most of the day (productively, I am quick to add). Thunderstorms last evening -- did you get much rain?........I'm thinking of all kinds of building construction metaphors for your Fonthill project.....

JJM said...

Your fabric combinations are so eye pleasing to see on a Saturday morning. I look forward to seeing them added to Fonthill.

It’s been hot here also, with daily temps as high as yours. BUT low humidity. That humidity is a killer, even after 56 years since leaving Sandwich I still remember the wicked humidity.

JJM

Barbara Anne said...

What happy and delightful Pinwheels and they will make the outer two borders just as happy and delightful! Well done on your progress on Fonthill's parts. :)

We're sweltering with highs in the mid-90*s and last night's 'low' was 77*F. Crystal Light Peach tea for me. Uffff!

Hugs!

MissPat said...

It was 76 degrees this morning at 6:30 when I got up. But some light rain is moving through now and it feels a bit cooler. Radar shows more storms coming, but it looks like they could be scattered and going off to the north. You are making good progress on Fonthill. I like the new color additions.
Pat

Quiltdivajulie said...

Loving the colors in your new pinwheels! It is 97 as I type this with a heat index of 107 and dew point of 74 - HOT and HUMID. I'm staying inside!