Wednesday, July 5, 2023

More light blue................


I see lots of light blue in the pinwheels and I didn't have any more cut.  I went through the stack of quarter yard or less blue batiks and found a bunch to cut.  Maureen and I both decided that with little 2" triangles that batiks would probably work better than most Kaffe prints.  The one in the book is made with stripes and small prints and maybe some solids.  There is one Philip Jacobs fabric in this group and I have already included a couple Kaffe prints in previous pinwheels.


Earlier in the day I sewed 5 pinwheels, 70 more to make.

I emptied the last bit off the roll of Hobbs 80/20 batting and I had with enough for 2 quilts.  That 30 yards lasted 16 months.  I also have 2 other kinds of batting on 30 yard rolls and used some of those too.  I quilted 26 quilts in that 16 month period.  (I'm putting this on my blog so I don't have to figure out where the notes are that have this info on them.  I love the Search feature at the top left corner so I can easily find what I'm looking for.)

Thanks to the no reply commenters yesterday for your kind words.  If you don't know if you are no reply check to see if I responded to you.  If there is no email from me you are a no reply (your email isn't enabled in your Google profile).

8 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

wow that is a lot of batting. I don't think I have trouble with noreply commenters but I have trouble with my server kicking back my responses saying that it can't send my reply to some people -

Julierose said...

Love those blue batiks--they will really add so much to those colors I think.
74 here and DP is already at 71!! We are going for a short walk anyway--need to stretch the legs...hugs, Julierose

JJM said...

I could see all the work Fonthill was going to be when you first started it. And it surely didn’t stop you . It’s going to be an awesome quilt when complete. I’m curious how many hours you will have put into it when done.

JJM

Penny Schine Gold said...

Thanks for mentioning the search box at the upper left corner of the page--I never noticed it before!!

Barbara Anne said...

Wonderful progress and I love those yummy light blues and your new Pinwheels!

Hugs!

Agile Jack said...

So interesting that you included the blue curlique in this. And it works with your fabrics. I've used it in a couple of projects and found it quite troublesome? the colors are so different than other KFC fabrics. I don't know what it it about it but it seems so different to me.

Nancy J said...

Lovely choices Wanda, it will be so good to see yours and Maureens when they are finished.Always a lot of fun to do a project together, even if oceans apart.

Mary said...

There is something satisfying about entirely using up all of a resource like (in my case) a package of batting or all the thread on a spool. Are you enjoying the way you reorganized your Kaffe fabrics?