Sunday, July 16, 2023

Triangles again..............




I wanted to hear the weather report at 5 p.m. yesterday so I sewed triangles while I waited.  This is part of the assortment for the center panel of Fonthill, my long range project.  This is about half of what I need and all of the rest I need will have to be lighter colors.  Some of these are leftovers from a previous project.


I mowed the front and one side yard in the early evening.  I noticed the Lemon Lily is tipped over.  It looks like some animal was laying down in that area.




It seems like my Tiger Lilies are late blooming this year.  This is the first bud to open.  This one is in the sun and most of the others are in the shade.







I have 2 larger Early Girl tomatoes ripening on the windowsill with a pretty good batch of the little Sun Gold cherry tomatoes.  There is one 4th of July variety in there too, about the size of a golf ball.

I need to mow the backyard this morning but they are predicting poor air quality with the air and smoke coming from Canada.  It won't take too long so I think I'll be OK.

7 comments:

Patty said...

It’s a good way to use all those leftover triangles. Your lilies are so pretty and you are getting lots of tomatoes! I too need to mow, but between the rain and being gone three evenings in a row working shows it hasn’t gotten done yet.

Mary said...

I've missed having homegrown tomatoes. Maybe next year I'll get busy and plant them before the heat is too much for them.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

those are pretty triangles our tiger lilies are almost done and starting to fall apart. I don't have a lot of tomatoes to take care of right now but I need to start drying my herbs - I have only gotten the dehydrator out a couple times so far - it is taking longer to dry them because of the humidity even with the A/C the house seems to be more humid this year.

Barbara Anne said...

What happy HSTs and their lighter counterparts will be a good addition in due time.

Hope your Lemon Lily stands back up. We often find squashed plants where one of the deer or somebody else has curled up for a nap. Most mornings we see two small brown rabbits eating the clover and yesterday one of them had eaten so much (I suppose) that he/she laid down for a nap right there!

Hugs!

Julierose said...

Great to be able to use leftovers for your triangles! I am contemplating beginning to applique my little boat piece--I've been putting it off as it is big to handle while hand stitching...i will place it on our dining table to stitch I think or on a puffy pillow in my lap. As it is pouring rain today, I thought it would be an apropos piece of work ;)))

74 degrees and 72 DP makes for a humid Summer's rainy day...

No bbq today--we will have our leftover roast chicken dinner from last Friday for our supper...yum Take care and try to stay out of that smokey air which will descend upon us tomorrow they say...
hugs, Julierose

JJM said...

Great summer post today Wanda…with your triangles, lilies and tomatoes. All so warm and welcoming.

JJM

Chris said...

Be careful out there, Wanda! I’ve found that the poor air quality really affects me.
I love half square triangles in quilts; good idea to sew them in batches over time.