Monday, August 11, 2008

Start but not finish

Yesterday was really a day of rest. The weather was beautiful; good breathing weather. I went into my studio to clear off the cutting table while I watched "HGTV Summer Showdown". I found the pile of leftover 4 patches from the summery double 4 patch that I made. I have a tray of 4.5" squares, enough to do a double bed size quilt, also on the table. I started playing on the design wall to see what size the piece would be if I used all of the 4 patches. I liked it so I sewed it together. It is 20" x 24". Now, it is probably doll quilt size, or cradle size for a baby, or it could be a wallhanging. I also have all of these pieces that didn't have a match to make into a 4 patch so they could be used as a border but I'm short a couple pieces to go all the way around.
I think I will put the pieces above in a zip lock bag, pin it to the little pieced top with a safety pin, and put it away to be finished another day.

5 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

I love the idea of using it as a baby quilt. While kid prints and novelties are great, I think it's nice to start developing a baby's aesthetic sense with beautiful fabrics and lovely designs.

Pattie said...

And I agree with Cheri: those beautiful fabrics will make any baby want to touch!

Wanda, you'll be proud of me: I'm finally getting into my stash and creating a scrappy quilt. See, you've inspired me! I'll post a few photos as I get further into it. Unfortunately, I don’t have your speed when it comes to quilting ... I'm a real slow-poke!

Cheers.

Anonymous said...

Love the colors in the four patch. I think a baby would love to have that quilt to cover with.

Joyce said...

Very nice. I think it's also nice to give it a rest if you are tired of working on it. It will still be there later.

jacquie said...

very pretty Wanda...it's wonderful how a simple pattern can create something so interesting with great fabric.