Saturday, August 9, 2008

Another store sample

The owner of the sewing machine store in town purchased several new patterns for purses and tote bags and she wondered if I would make some samples. I started with this one. I made the smaller version. The larger one looks huge.
The straps will go over the shoulder with the bag tucked under your arm.
It has a couple pieces of a Timtex type product in the bottom so it sits up by itself rather well. It has a double layer of fusible fleece on the side walls and a single layer in the 2 end panels.
It has 2 little pockets in the lining and 2 larger pockets on the outside between the straps. It called for a magnetic closure but I think it would work better as a tote with the top open. I love this Martha Negley tree rings print fabric.

11 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

I agree, that tree rings fabric is great! It's a pretty neat purse, too. What's the name of the "Timtex type product" that you used?

Joyce said...

That's a very cute purse. Love the fabric, love the pattern. Yikes! Don't get me started on purses again!

Sequana said...

You make such beautiful pieces so quickly! I love the idea of fleece inside the layers.

Did you use that HCT stuff on the bottom?...(HTC? CTH? THC?.*L*)

For purse patterns tho, I like best the ones by Joan Hawley from Lazy Girl Designs.

Elsie Montgomery said...

ooh, this is nice! Can anyone have too many bags?

Anonymous said...

I too like the tree rings fabric. Love the combinations of fabrics you did with the entire bag. Makes a 'classy' looking bag.

J~MT

Cathi said...

Love the fabric, love the bag! How long did it take to make? I keep looking at bag patterns but never make the jump. Some day.

StitchinByTheLake said...

I think this may be my favorite of all the bags I've seen! Someone is gonna' have to think of a way to decorate with bags because they're so fun to make. blessings, marlene

meggie said...

A wonderful bag! Your choice of fabric is great.

The Calico Cat said...

I love that tree rings print too. Wonder where my huge chunk went to...

floribunda said...

Love it! I'll have to look around for that one...

TB said...

Beautiful bag! Nice style, great fabric choices.