Friday, August 1, 2008

Pieces and parts day 8

My brother and his wife got here safely late yesterday afternoon. We are getting ready to go out for breakfast so I'll post now. I made these butterfly blocks a couple years ago and haven't decided what to add to them to make them into a quilt. It is still on the back burner. Here is a piece of Seminole patchwork with some lame (without the accent mark over the e).
Here is a cathedral window block, done 100% by machine. It was made to advertise a demo on the procedure.
This is another of my favorite blocks. It was my logo when I had a quilt shop. It goes by many names, Blackford's Beauty and Stepping Stones are too. There are minor variations in the blocks with the different names.
I checked out the garden yesterday and my fall blooming anemones have buds on them.
We got a quick rain shower yesterday and we needed it. Today looks clear so far.

5 comments:

Cathi said...

More eye candy! I love the butterflies -- what a great quilt to work on in the winter when there's snow and freezing cold wind! Might make one feel like there is hope of summer coming. :-)
The black and white block is almost mesmerizing. I kept staring and staring at it!

jovaliquilts said...

Such variety. I like the black and white block that was your logo -- it has a lot of interest, much more than a simple star block. Have a great day!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Enjoy your visitors!! I agree with Catherine that the butterflies would be a great wintertime project...

Candy Schultz said...

How do you do your cathedral windows by machine? I invented my own way a year or so ago. Silly me I thought I was the first.

I really like the butterflies.

Diane said...

Love the butterflies. They remind me of the Eric Carle "Very Hungry Caterpillar" fabric that is out now.