Friday, August 29, 2008

It's all black and white

Are any others interested in the positive/negative black and white prints? Some of the prints are more gray looking because there is a close to 60/40 relationship of the 2 colors within the prints. I tend to be drawn to the more graphic ones but I figure I should have a little bit of the other ones in my collection. This is a portion of my pos/neg group. I have a couple ideas that I want to try with them. Here is my first anemone bloom. They usually bloom in Sept. so they're a few days early. I know this picture is a little blurry but I didn't want to get my feet wet walking through the dew this morning to get a better picture.
I like the shape of the buds on this plant.

Thank you for your concern about my headache. I was able to squelch it early in the day both days but then I have the one day of feeling "dull" afterwards. I will go shopping at Wal-Mart this morning. I can do that while I feel dull!

12 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

I have far too many positive negative black & white brints. (I also have them color on white/color on black.)

Anonymous said...

I'm a fairly new (in the past 2-3 weeks?) reader of your blog, but just wanted to let you know how much I'm enjoying it. The pictures you post of both your quilts and your garden are not only beautiful, but inspirational.

floribunda said...

I love the black & white prints, but its interesting how many of them look gray or yellow or just "off" when you put them in a group. Sometimes it seems funny to buy the B on W and the W on B versions -- but they do look pretty cool together.

Joyce said...

I love black and whites and I am starting to collect them. I like them as a quilt or as borders around wild wonky quilts. Gwen and Freddy have been my inspiration for that.
I'll be watching to see what you do with yours.

Pattie said...

I always look forward to what you come up with, Wanda. Your creative brain just amazes me!

jovaliquilts said...

I love the positive/negative effect and can't wait to see what you do with those. I see a fabric I have in black with white that I didn't know also comes in white with black. I'll have to find it!

Candy Schultz said...

How interesting. I have a whole lot of positive/negative black and whites. I never looked at them that way. I just collect black and white prints.

Gene Black said...

Hmmm...as a newbie at quilting, I didn't realize that the pos/neg effect could be so cool. Now I will have to buy yet MORE fabric. OH MY!

hehehehehehhe

Lindsay Jean said...

What a lovely effect! I have a few of the black & white fabrics in your photo, but I never considered the pos/neg combination. I think that could make a very striking effect - would you try and line up the patterns?

Emma said...

I love B&W prints, but haven't may of the positive/negative pairs. On seeing yours, I'm going to start collecting them!

Clare said...

My black and white collection is slowly but surely growing. Like Joyce I was taken by Gwen and Freddy's quilts in Collaborative Quilting.

StitchinByTheLake said...

I love black and white prints but can never seem to figure out how to use them. :( I love black and white quilts and I've seen one recently that's like a square in a square and I've been thinking of making it - your fabrics would be beautiful like that. blessings, marlene