Sunday, August 17, 2008

Another sample for the store

In the slow time between customers yesterday I continued working on this tote bag that I started a couple weeks ago when I was there. I plan on making the pintucked one too for them. This is called the back of the tote
and this is the front. I used a lot of scraps left from the quilts I made for them last year and added in some leftover dotted fabric strips from my scrap bin.
I always made 2 crazy pieced blocks at the same time so I cut one of them in half for the large inside pockets. the 2 little side pockets are added onto the side and bottom band before sewing it together. I lined it with a fairly stiff blue denim so it would have the body to stand up for display.
It's another beautiful day. We have had the most amazing weather this past week, cool every night (50-60 degrees), and low humidity. Day time temps haven't exceeded high 70's to low 80's. I wish we could have this weather all year round.

10 comments:

Elsie Montgomery said...

Denim lining is a good idea. Your color choices are, as always, full of punch.

Our weather is lovely too. August is my favorite month. Cool evenings and warm days, with sunshine that matures the crops and makes my garden look like I actually worked in it (ha!). Perfect.

StitchinByTheLake said...

I love Indygo Junction patterns and your color choices were so joyful. blessings, marlene

jovaliquilts said...

Definitely an exuberant bag! I like it.

Pattie said...

Darling bag, Wanda - and great colors, like always. I bet they sell a ton of patterns based on your choices.

Anonymous said...

Those fabrics choices are awesome. I like the back as much as the front of that tote. The shop is so fortunate to have you help them out from time to time.

I'm sure the patterns will sell out quickly with your fabulous samples you have made for them.

J~MT

Quiltdivajulie said...

Bet you could sell a few of these on Wandaful Quilts... I'd be there!!

Wish our LQS had samples like your's!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You know a lot of people are going to walk into the store, see that great bag, and ask how they can get those exact fabrics to make one for themselves!

quiltmom anna said...

You made a great bag Wanda-
Does the bag have heavy interfacing in it or just denim- As always I love your colors- there is no back or front to your bag- just beautiful colors...
Regards,
Anna

Cathi said...

What a fabulous bag! I love how bright it is!
I wish we could have weather like that year round too. Think we're in for a week of high heat/humidity though. And if I had to choose I'd take that over winter!

Sharon said...

Your bag is wonderful! Great fabrics, and I love those inner pockets. That they're pieced is even better! I agree, I think the shop will sell lots of those patterns! I like that pin-tucked one. I've never seen crazy pin-tucking and it really appeals to me. Do you need anything special in the way of equipment/tools for that??