Saturday, August 2, 2008

Pieces and parts day 9

At some point yesterday afternoon or evening something happened to Sitemeter and I couldn't get on its site and then I discovered that I couldn't get onto my blog either. I went to another blog that I knew didn't have sitemeter and got right on. I have so much fun looking at the stats on sitemeter to see all of the countries that my readers come from but I made the decision this morning that I had to remove it so I could use my blog.

Here are some more pieces from that little box in my basement. This one is a Trip Around the World. I made 2 of these changing the color of the center in the other one. It reminds me of pictures I saw one time of a Canadian sunset. The color on the screen of the laptop I am using today is not good. This piece is very coral colored and it is pinky on my screen. I didn't realize that my laptop and desktop are so different. I can date this piece by its fabrics as 1992-3.
Here is a lonely tulip block.
At one time period (1993-4) I was playing with pieced backgrounds to collage on. This one reminds me of night.
I have thought abut adding some lace flowers and calling it midnight garden.
My fernleaf tansy is blooming now. This is a prairie type plant too. A friend gave me a couple plants about 14 years ago. This one really spreads underground and is hard to get rid of if you no longer want it. I have dug it all out of this spot twice and it still comes back.
Yesterday my brother, SIL and I took a ride over to our old stomping grounds and we were able to get into the school building that we attended in the 1950's. They are using it for a pre-school and offices now. We were so thankful they had not torn it down. My dad was on the school board when it was built and his name is on a bronze plaque in the entryway. I didn't have my camera with me so I am going to go back one day next week and take pictures inside.

13 comments:

Sequana said...

Sounds like you're having a good visit. It'll be a little cooler today, I think.

I noticed that book by Anne George on your 2008 list. It's the first book in a series of eight. Do I want to get started?

I'm having trouble getting into any typepad blog today. It's not even a full moon. Sorry bout your Sitemeter.

Marilyn said...

Wanda,
I searched for your Blooming 9 Patch and found it. It is lovely. I am in the process of gathering fabric for one. That is the hardest part for me. I will post pictures of my fabric selection so far in a few days.

Anonymous said...

Wanda ,
I have to ask, did you get on your brother's motorcycle or in your van to visit your old school ??????
It's going to be a steamy one today.
Louise

jovaliquilts said...

I don't know what browser you used, but from reading other blogs, this is a common problem starting yesterday. People who use Internet Explorer seem to do ok after they download Mozilla Firefox as their browser. That's the one I use, and I haven't had any problems.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I couldn't access any blogs last night, either. But today things seem to be fine....

That blue piece is beautiful. So rich and full of texture - just dreamy!

My sister and I took our boys (many years ago) back to our old elementary school. Funny how different the perspective becomes with age and time (not to mention height!). Glad ya'll are having a fun time.

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

I had the exact same problem with my blog not opening on Internet Explorer until I removed SiteMeter. Wish Blogger could have fixed the problem so we could still use SiteMeter.

Elsie Montgomery said...

First, your posts these past few days are so interesting! I don't always comment, but I am always here!

I have SiteMeter on my blog and have had no trouble at all. I use Mozilla Firefox also, and Vista. Is it a Blogger problem or IE, MS, Vista related?

I have noticed that Vista seems to hate combos that include non MS software. I cannot run Outlook and WordPerfect at the same time; WP crashes. I started using Mozilla Thunderbird instead of Outlook which solved the problem, but now when it is open MS Word crashes. LOL. Maybe it is time to switch to a MAC!

Anyway, keep up the lovely posts and showing us your stash of orphans. I'd adopt any one of them!

Anonymous said...

Hi Wanda
I don't think it was a Sitemeter problem as it looks like Blogger had a major OOPS!!! You can read about it at http://buzz.blogger.com/

Cheers .... Anne

jacquie said...

Wow, i've missed so much. Haven't had time to read much lately. I love the midnight garden.

StitchinByTheLake said...

I had problems with blogger too - it doubled all the blogs on my reader! It's all better today. I enjoyed seeing your pictures but especially the blue - I'm a little partial to blue I think. Blessings, marlene

meggie said...

I like the midnight garden idea!
We visited our old school, & there were strange memories.
I was locked off my blog all day too, but it seems the site meter problem is cleared today. It was Blogger's problem, not Site Meter.

Diane said...

Lacy white flowers on midnight blues ~ YES, YESY, YES!

Anonymous said...

Lacy flowers on Midnight blues... my mouse rolls in segments as it scrolls down the image. With that those flowers look like they are turning like pinwheels.

I love the added flowers, and the name you selected. I'm doing some catching up today as my children and families have come and gone. And now back to a routine.

J~MT