Monday, August 25, 2008

Setting triangles

I had originally tried the half blocks as setting triangles back in July when I was showing my progress on designing this quilt. I'm not sure I want to go to all of the work of making pieced setting triangles. I tried several fabrics and only found this one that I liked. I have a few more that I will try today. I am trying to keep this all in the Kaffe Fassett, Martha Negley, and Philip Jacobs fabric lines so that does limit me in my selection. Click on the picture for a closer view. I have all of the rows sewn together one way and must add the setting triangles before I can sew the other direction. I do have my energy back with the change in the weather. I love the low-70 degree days with low humidity. A little sunshine added in makes a perfect day. I was feeling so good I balanced 2 checkbooks this morning before I did this post.

I took some more pictures in the gardens. This is the really pale pink balloon flower that happened to have every bud on the end of the stalk blooming at one time. You can see some of the purple balloon flowers in the blurry background.

It wasn't until I brought this up on my computer screen that I saw the critter right above the flower. What a bonus! This is my darkest lavender Rose of Sharon.
I noticed the sedum on my walk last week that was turning pink already. I checked mine out and it is just starting to bloom.
I'm going out for a walk this morning and this time I will take my camera along. I am going to dig up a couple hostas and divide them this afternoon after I get home from my mother's dr. appointment. She has been doing pretty well lately. We even had 2 weeks with NO dr. appointments.

6 comments:

Joyce said...

I love how it looks. Will the setting triangles be all the same? The sahing is just perfect.

Cathi said...

I like the two setting triangles I can see in the picture -- that sashing is just so right for these blocks!
The balloon flower is very pretty -- wish we had those on the roof garden!

jacquie said...

glad your mom is doing well. the flowers are gorgeous. this is looking so good. all the work you've put in is definitely paying off!

Cheryl said...

Hi! I am an avid subscriber of your blog, and want to let you know that I just gave you an "I love your blog" award posted to my blog. If you want to play along, the more the merrier. If not, know that I am thoroughly enjoying reading your blog!

Lynda said...

Kaffe Fassett is the best, isn't he? His colours (and yours) are fabulous, and your fabric combinations in this quilt are perfect.

meggie said...

Your photos are lovely!