Monday, June 30, 2008

A very special prize

I don't know how many of you read everyone else's comments, but on my first post yesterday "Working on Prizes" my friend Diane said I think you ought to have a super special drawing for the person who inspired you to blog in the first place! Well of course that person WAS Diane. She and I met around 12 years ago and worked at a quilt shop together. We both worked sales and taught quilting. I figured blogs were way too hard to figure out (thought they were like web design) and then I found out she had a blog. Up to this point I had been helping her with the computer, and now she was helping me! The rest is history.


So here is the prize I am sending her.
Be sure to check out yesterday's post in get into the drawing for my giveaway.

10 comments:

antique quilter said...

Diane will treasure this little quilt!
So nice of you to send it to her!
did you belong to the same quilt group as she did as well?

Kathie

Anonymous said...

Let me tell the world that Wanda and Diane are the two who taught me to quilt. Around 15 years ago, I think. And what a valuable part of my life that is!!

Greetings, Diane, and thank you!! I know Diane will love that little quilt. I love it!

Mary G. in Chicago

Vicki W said...

I want to send my thanks to Diane for getting you in to blogging! She was right to do so - you work is very inspiring and I have the added benefit of our QOV collaborations. It wouldn't have happened without Diane pushing you into blogging!

Diane said...

Wow Wanda, I'm getting kudos on your blog! Mary G., I remember you fondly and am pleased to hear you still enjoy quilting. Vicki, your work with the Quilts of Valor Project is admirable. Diane

jacquie said...

Please tell Diane thanks from me too! You're a great part of the quilt blog community.

dee said...

Yay Diane. She deserves a great prize for bringing you to the blogging world. You make every morning a lot brighter and I can't count the times I've learned something important from you. Thanks to you both.

Elsie Montgomery said...

How wonderful to have Diane's encouragement... and Diane is blessed by you too... and this gem of a quilt! Your friendship warms my heart.

Purple Pam said...

Such a great gift. Diane is very lucky. I am glad she convinced you to start a blog. I enjoy your blog so much. I envy your sense of color. I wish I lived close enough to be one of your students.

meggie said...

That is a lovely little quilt! Your work is so neat.

Diane said...

THANKS WANDA!