Tuesday, June 10, 2008

More nature

I started basting a quilt yesterday, so I will take pictures when it is quilted.

Here are some of the dainty little flowers in one of my porch pots.
This is the flower on Husker Red Penstemon. They are dainty too but larger than coral bell flowers.
My sister in law gave me a tomato plant. Since my back yard is next to a bunch of walnut trees, I can't grow tomatoes there. I put the plant in a pot in the sun in front of my house and............
I have my first tomato growing. I need to get a taller stake for the plant so it doesn't take a nose dive.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your dainty blues as so pretty ~ whimsically hanging over the edge of pot.

Your tomato's will be so much sweeter than the store bought ones. And safer to eat. Did your area get the salmonella scare we got this weekend?

J~MT

Sharon said...

Congrats on the tomato! I hope you gets lots more! I can't grow them here - not enough sun. The fruit stand just down the road had the best tomatoes last year. I'll go there again this year. It might even be cheaper!
Your new camera is taking great photos. They're all so sharp and clear. What great closeups you're getting too. I'm really enjoying all your flower pictures! Your blog is a daily dose of color and pleasure - Thanks!

Pattie said...

Hi Wanda -

What pretty blossoms! Isn't this the greatest time of year? Good luck with your tomato. I just posted today that I've got one that's almost ready to pick. Amazing!

I can't wait to see the quilt you're basting. :-)

meggie said...

Your flowers are lovely. Love the blue ones.

...tiktakro... said...

Or, to get rid of that stalk you can grow it " upside-down";)). Check on the images on Google with these words : " upside-down tomatoes" and you'll have such great ideeas for your dear plant. And also from this one tomatoe plant you could grow so much more, by putting some branches to root separately. It worth it, YOU worth some really tasty home-grown tomatoes...
Hugs from far away,
Teodora.