Saturday, June 21, 2008

Decisions, decisions....

Yesterday I made 18 more blocks. Now it is decision time. How big do I want this to be? Right now it is 64" square. If I want it to be twin bed size (64" x 96") it would need 4 more rows or 32 more blocks. If I add 2 more rows and make it 80" long it is too short for a bed, but pretty large for a throw size. I have enough strips already sewn for 4 patches for 2 more rows. Another decision I need to make: do I leave it just random the way the colors are placed, or do I play with the blocks and see if I want a. light in the center, b. sky at top, stream at bottom, with green between, c. each color in its own area? Now while I wait to make my decision, should I start a new quilt???? I already know what the next one is going to be.

12 comments:

Cathi said...

I really like the effect you have now with the light and dark scattered about -- really gives the feeling of dappled sunlight to me.

Candy Schultz said...

I like it this way.

Jeanne said...

I think your random look is perfect! If you have more strips cut, you may as well make more blocks. *s* I love this quilt.

jovaliquilts said...

I love the quilt this way, but once you mentioned another possible layout, how could you not at least try it??? I think it would make a great summer bedspread, but you might not need that.

Di said...

LOL, the decision you have to make is when are you going to send it to me? Just kidding but I have to say, I absolutely LOVE THIS QUILT!!

Beautiful job!

Jeanne said...

The colors are so serene!
Please show us how the "arranged" layout would look.
Jeanne :)

Anonymous said...

Wanda leave layout as is,add rows for a twin size bed. I would enjoy sleeping under it.Wig.

Anonymous said...

Wanda, Leave it as is.I love the random look,and
looks so summer like! Summer solstice already.
Where do the days go? jmh

jacquie said...

I love this...but I'd like to see other options too. I love how you design as you go. So cool!

Sue said...

I am lovin' that quilt top, the colors are very calming, great fabrics!

Lynda said...

Love the colours, and the design looks very complex (although it isn't!) But how is an 80" quilt too short for a bed? How long are beds in your part of the world? Or people? Maybe you want drape? I'm too lazy to make huge quilts, and I get bored too soon!

meggie said...

Whatever way you lay it, it is beautiful.