Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Ready for rain

Yesterday after I got home from grocery shopping for my parents, my grandson and a friend came over and got the gutters cleaned out for me. There were little trees growing up there! Now the rain can come and I won't have a waterfall over the edge of the gutter. They also got my last 2 storm windows down and screens up. I can do some of the smaller windows but the storm windows seem to get heavier each year. At least I only have a one story house so it doesn't involve a ladder. A branch that always hit my house in the wind also got clipped off. I'm so glad these things are done.

Here are 6 new blocks with 3 from the group yesterday. I am adding in blue for sky and water along with all of the greens. A little pink and purple will peek in.
Here is a group of fabrics that I have pulled to cut today. My friends I used to work with are coming today. Monday's group always meets in my basement but this group meets on the main level of the house so I spent a good portion of yesterday trying to get the studio cleaned up enough for 5 people to be able to work in there and the kitchen area.
We have had the most beautiful weather the last few days. It has been cool, a little breeze, low humidity, and sunshine. This morning it is only 68 degrees but it will warm up. I wish we could have weather like this all summer.

11 comments:

Elsie Montgomery said...

Blue and green are my favorite colors (at least according to my stash) so I am watching the progress of this quilt with great interest (and a little envy, maybe even greed - LOL).

Happy quilting!

Betty J in OKC said...

I must say that I *LOVE* your color selections!!! The finished quilt top is coming along and almost inspiring me to dig into my batik stash. Can I czll dibs on your batik scraps? The smallest I can use are 1 1/2" wide pieces. :)

Paula, the quilter said...

This color combo just sings in my heart.

Di said...

I *lust* after that quilt. I adore the colors and I'm a leaf freak.

I really think that quilt needs to come live with me..... heh...

TB said...

Wanda, if it helps any, you are not the only one with little trees sprouting from the gutters! I have such eager little trees happily growing in my gutter garden! I'm hoping to get up there soon to clear them out before they destroy the gutter. Interesting, I never heard of the mail level of the house before. Is this a mid-Western expression for the first floor? As usual your fabric combinations are gorgeous.

Purple Pam said...

Beautiful colors. Those blocks sing a pretty song. I am glad this new inspiration has broken through the wall. It looks like another super quilt. I love that purple!

Nancy said...

Wanda, I love your colors and fabrics. Once again your exquisite skill in mixing fabrics shines!

jacquie said...

Enjoy the lovely weather, Wanda. Love looking at these fabrics.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tutorial yesterday, I always enjoy those, makes me feel like I've been to one of your class sessions.

Been fun watching your quilt top grow into your "summer day." Such nice soothing colors.

J~MT

meggie said...

Two nice posts, with plenty to interest. I like the new 4patch blocks. They go together nice & quickly.

jovaliquilts said...

Such a great quilt! You show me over and over again that the pattern doesn't have to be complicated, you just need to use your fabrics to best advantage. This one is really nice.