Sunday, June 22, 2008

Layouts

After much thought yesterday, I decided not to take all of the blocks off the wall and play with different layouts. However I did try some layouts with the new blocks I made for the final rows. Below is all little squares on the same diagonal path. Next I tried the log cabin barn raising layout. Iliked this one.
Then I grouped all of the blues together and the greens together.
And then I put the last rows up on the wall with the rest of the quilt. I had to move some around since a lot of the new ones had the same fabrics as each other. I will look at this for a couple days to see if I want to move anything else.
The next quilt is going to be a different block but it will have the same chain effect of these last 2. I like the depth of this kind of pattern, like one layer over another.

I have a graduation party to go to this afternoon. It is hard to believe I have 3 grandchildren out of high school already.

9 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

Thanks for showing the layouts! Not that we get to vote, but I like the random criss cross chains or barnraising best.

Enjoy the graduation party!

Sequana said...

My oldest grandson just graduated from 8th grade. It happens so FAST, doesn't it? He was just a baby.

jacquie said...

Just kills me how rearranging a bit makes a totally different quilt...just kills me. It is simply stunning. Great work!!!

Vicki W said...

I love the final arrangement. The quilt just sparkles! I need to do one of these with my hand dyed fabrics.

dot said...

Thnak=you for taking the time to show the layouts. I have a admit I like the last layout the best. My second favorite would be the barn raising.

floribunda said...

I like the dappled-ness of the last layout the best, too. I have some blue & white swap blocks in that same pattern that I've recently put together in similar layout (photo on my blog one of these days) and yours is definitely much lovelier!

Kristin L said...

I really like the barn raising one. It reminds me of ripples around a drop in water. it would probably look good with the greens mostly together and teh blues mostly together too.

Stephanie Pettengell said...

I love your final arrangement, the quilt is beautiful and I love your fabric choices. I have been watching it grow and it has been fascinating, thanks so much for sharing and showing the progress. I must make one of these, they are startling and I also love the depth and how the lines cross.

Betty J in OKC said...

I like the last arraingement best too.