Monday, June 9, 2008

Flowers and binding

Here is another shot of the Dianthus that I planted this year. I think they are so pretty.
I started the hand stitching on the binding of the Star Trip quilt yesterday. I chose another Kaffe fabric in about the same tone and colors as the border fabric. I really didn't want it to stand out too much.

We had 2 storms yesterday about 12 hours apart. I shouldn't have to water anything for awhile.
My internet service has been acting up for over a week. Every afternoon it slows down to a crawl and most days then it goes out for a couple hours. One day my TV was out too. This morning the internet is very fast again. I have had nothing but praise for the cable company up to this point. I hope the problems are over.



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

A nice binding is like "The frosting on the cake" finish. And binding is perfect.

Flowers look so pristine. They sure are grand.

Would you believe we are to get down to 32 degrees tonight ! And a high of 44 tomorrow... Springtime in the Rockies...

J~MT

Sequana said...

I think your various wirings are responding to all that humidity and heat. I'm just glad your garden held up with all that twisting, gusting wind and rain.

At least both you and I were spared the tornado.

Elsie Montgomery said...

Your quilts are always wonderful, and these floral photos are very inspiring! You must have a good camera too. Close-ups are not the easiest yet yours are super. I hope the nutty weather keeps on by-passing you too.

jovaliquilts said...

Those dianthus are spectacular! I'm sure I must have seen them before, but I don't remember them.

We're having more storms, too. Yuk! They spent several hours on the internet connection for our area on Saturday, so I'm hoping we won't get another disruption. But I worry about the farmers nearby with all this rain. The floods not far from here have been terrible.

meggie said...

When I was little we called Dianthus Sweet Williams. I had an uncle whose name was George William, so I called them Sweet George Williams. I love their perfume.
Quilt is just lovely looking.

Diana said...

Thanks for sharing the picture of the Star Trip quilt. What a beauty! I wish I could mix colors and patterns with as much abandon as you.

Anonymous said...

nice quilt!

Arlene,
Lakewood flowers

Anonymous said...

I like your backing, too! Bet it was hard to give that up for the back. Love all your flowers,too. The slugs are getting to most of mine. -quiltking