Monday, June 2, 2008

this and that

Blogger/Google was down this morning so I couldn't post at my regular time, so I went to the store and bought some more walk on bark for my back garden path. I started spreading it last night but the original 3 bags wasn't enough.

I really wanted to share the calories with you yesterday as I enjoyed eating the chocolate covered caramels. Too bad I couldn't send the calories with the picture.

A friend gave me this iris about 5 years ago. I moved it to this location 4 years ago and this is the first time it has bloomed. She called it a Siberian Iris.
The star flowers are flourishing. I have more bunches of them this year than I have ever had.
I hope to get back to my quilt this afternoon. I will spend the morning outside pulling weeds and finishing the path.

7 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

Sharing calories, an inspired thought! If you figure out a way, let me know! ;)

Elsie Montgomery said...

I've had Siberian iris in my garden too. Unlike regular iris, they like moisture and rich soil. Mine are growing in an east exposure, so it is bright but not full sun.

Your star flower photo is lovely!

Anonymous said...

I have Siberian Iris also. I love the petite dainty look of them. I plan to put in some Dwarf Iris this season for next year. I have regular Iris too. Your blooms are still way ahead of us. As it looks like we are at least 2~3 weeks behind IL.

J~MT

Candy Schultz said...

What is walk on bark? That sounds like something I could use in my garden.

Sharon said...

Love all the flower photos! It looks so happy at your place!

meggie said...

Wonderful flowers.

TB said...

I love the path through your yard. And your flowers are so wonderful and varied.