Sunday, June 1, 2008

Chocolate and Caramel

Catherine hit it on the head, the quilt looks like chocolate and caramel. Isn't it strange that I had just purchased the bag of Dove chocolate covered caramels before I started that quilt? I had chosen the group of fabrics over a year ago but the candy must have made me use them.

My lilacs aren't the pretty purple variety; they are one of the dwarf variety. The flowers have the barest tint of lavender but the smell is huge and delightful. I can smell them on the other side of the house.
More peonies started opening yesterday. By this afternoon I should be able to pick a bouquet.
I love the variety of colors I have in this little spot in front of the house. I chose the 2 bushes for their contrast. That is a peony bush to the right, husker red penstemon behind the coral bells and hardy geranium on the bottom right. There are some tiny forget me nots between and behind the coral bell and geranium.
This is one of the single type peonies. I have a variety with the shaggy centers too.
The sun is shining, it is warm and wonderful. Have a good Sunday everyone.

12 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

Oh my goodness -- you mean Dove makes chocolate covered caramels?!?! I buy their dark chocolates, but have never noticed those. I'll be looking now!

Cathi said...

Those peonies are stunning! Guess I'll be checking the florist shops around here this week, although with our cold spring it will probably be a few more weeks. Gorgeous wonderful lilacs -- I love walking lilacs, the smell is just so wonderful!

floribunda said...

I'm so jealous of your lilacs and peonies -- I can find them at the flower stands, but it just doesn't get cold enough to have them be happy in our garden.

Elaine Adair said...

The name is perfect and the quilt looks delicious to me!

However you are NOT PLAYING FAIR by putting those caramels, etc., at the top of your post - now I am slobbering all over my keyboard!

Unknown said...

Hi Wanda, thanks for keeping up with my posts. I had wanted to tell you that your 48 blocks quilt is one that I've always had an eye for and really like what you've done with the pattern. Your picture shows four blocks that leftovers, and I really like the one in the upper left. That dark brown fabric is very interesting and I like what it does when pieced together. As always, I love seeing what you do! Keep it up and have a happy Sunday! Robin

Diane said...

I love peonies! Thanks for sharing yours.

Anonymous said...

Fun to read todays blog inspired by a bowl of candy. I can see it now. Yummy treat for tummy and our eyes.

Love your daily flower show.

J~MT

meggie said...

Your Peonies are just beautiful, & I wish I could smell the lovely Lilac.
We have been having some heavy rain here, & more to come. The birds love it, judging by their raucous voices!

Anonymous said...

I love the little SPOT in the front of your house,the colors are great. Wig.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I grew up with peonies (with ants) and lilacs (lavender and white)... oh I remember that smell so well... it meant springtime!

Love the connection between those yummy chocolates (sinfully wonderful) and your quilt!

jacquie said...

Beautiful. I enjoyed every picture. (I simply imagined myself eating through the first one!) Thanks...lo cal browsing.

Sharon said...

Your flowers look as yummy as that luscious candy! I love that pattern - it's on my list of "To-Do's". Now I have to go find a piece of chocolate!