Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Last June finish

This is the last finished project for June, the last finished project for the first half of the year. Where does the time go? I consider this a table runner because it is the right size and shape. I suppose someone might hang it vertically in a narrow place as a wall hanging. I really doubt if anyone has a dining room that this would go with. I just did ditch quilting on all of the seam lines and wavy line quilting in the borders. I started doing wavy line quilting in borders in 1994 and I always fall back to it when no other idea seems better. Click on the picture below for a closer view.
If you haven't signed up for the Blogiversay giveaway, there is still time until midnight July 4. Go back to Sunday's post and leave your comment for your choice or email me. There are only 6 people in 2 of the categories and 12 in 2 others so the odds for winning are pretty good. I am really enjoying this connection with some of the readers who don't usually leave comments. I have found a few new blogs to read through it and I love hearing that some of you read my blog every day.

11 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Actually, those colors would be right at home in our dining room. We chose soft yellow walls. We have an antique sideboard and china cabinet, 6 black chairs with camel color cushions, and a warm khaki tile topped table that we built (heavy duty)... we eat dinner in there whenever there are 3 or more and the dining room also serves as a conference room for the local wood turners' board meetings.

Chris has one of my unfinished quilts on her long arm machine that I plan to drape over the chair in the corner to add some fabric into the room (Larry has several wood turnings on the sideboard).

Long way around to say I LOVE YOUR PIECE!!

Three Birds Inspired said...

I love these colors! It would never go with my decor, but I really do love the work you do!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely color combination. Although I couldn't see your 'wavy' quilting I also have a fall-back border quilting plan. But once I start the quilting something usually comes to me, even if it is repeating a design element in one of the fabrics.
I am one of your daily readers, but do not have one of my own.... when would I have the time, what with the quilting blogs and now the gardening blogs?
So thanks for your daily efforts, I really do look forward to peeking into your studio.

I am, blogless LYN

Cathi said...

I love your table runner -- the colours are so, so rich it almost looks like velvet.

Ann said...

Love the colors, as always. And thanks for pointing out the wavy line border quilting. I am pretty un-imaginative (and chicken) when it comes to my domestice machine quilting, but this looks like something even I could do!

Candy Schultz said...

Actually I do have a dining room that would go with and that is not a hint or anything. I think it is stunning. I love the colors.

I am going to post some pictures of my home soon as it is quite colorful.

quiltmom anna said...

Wanda,
the table runner is beautiful- the colors are wonderful and I have a friend that has walls that are eggplant purple that it would match- it works in her home - She has it as a focal wall. I will have to think about making one. Thanks for the inspiration ...
Regards,
Anna

MJMR said...

the colors in the table runner would go very nicely in my dining room. My walls are green and I accent with purple in the chair coverings. (My hall powder room is purple & a soft green strip with a purple embossed with gold ceiling. I LOVE purple. The wavy quilting is great in the border. It helps add a little more movement to your piece.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous colours - very regal. Would look perfect on the back of HRH's (the cat) chair/throne! LOL

meggie said...

I love that table runner. The colours are wonderful, & I think it would look lovely as a wallhanging too!

Joyce said...

If I had a dining room, I'd paint it to match that beautiful runner/wall hanging.