Thursday, July 3, 2008

lots of 4 patches

I got a few more 4 patches sewn yesterday. I have 56 now. They are a whopping 6" finished so by adding them randomly into the quilt with 6" squares (cut from a lot of the large prints), it would make a very large quilt. You have guessed it, this has to be 2 quilts. I could make a twin size and a lap size easily from what I have already cut but I have a few more large prints that aren't cut yet. Maybe there are 3 quilts here. Even if I never made anything out of them, just looking at them makes me happy. Another reminder if you haven't signed up for my blogiversary giveaway go back to Sunday's post and leave your comment or email me. I got one anonymous comment this morning with no identification whatsoever. It was also left on the Thurs. post, not Sun. so anonymous if you are reading this, you may want to try again.

10 comments:

Three Birds Inspired said...

I wish I were as fearless as you when it comes to color. Color scares me! - All my quilts are so predictable that when anyone in my quilting group sees pastels or muted colors they immediately refer to them as "Suzan colors". I need to get outside my box!

Elsie Montgomery said...

This pool makes me feel like jumping in! Oh, but today has such a long list of other things. I keep telling my BH that I need a house-boy! LOL

Happy quilting... all three of them!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Absolutely love the simplicity and LOVE the colors... what a visual treat!!

I haven't cut into my KF fat quarters yet ~ still enjoying them folded and tied with the pink satin ribbon.

Joyce said...

My favorite thing. Lots and lots of bright colors.

jacquie said...

Glad I came back and looked again. Yummy!

Cathi said...

They look like a big bag of bright Smarties or jelly beans! I love these little blocks. Can't wait to see the quilts that you'll create with them.

Purple Pam said...

Great colors! I would love to run my fingers through this pile of 4 patches, throw them up in the air and when they fall, pick them up and do it again! What fun you must have while creating with these wonderful colors. You make it look so easy.

meggie said...

Happy happy colours!
Now if I could just work out how to spririt them over here....

Anonymous said...

I agree your four patches displayed in this photo projects the saying, "Happiness Is"...

Colors just blossom into grand bouquet.

J~MT

Lynda said...

These patches just look like a flower bed in full bloom! Gorgeous.