Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Cooler and less humid, at last

I went outside in the nice clean, fresh air and took some more flower pictures. The brown eyed Susans (rudbeckia) are in full bloom now with a little dwarf phlox peeking in on the left side. I actually took this picture a couple days ago from the kitchen window. It is a little blurry, sorry. I haven't seen very many butterflies so when this one just hopped from flower to flower I had to take a picture.
I planted this ground cover in a little section of my front garden. My landscape contractor up the block tells me this one is invasive. I have seen it move across the space in the last couple years. I think it is really pretty but I'll probably start digging it out little by little.
I have a nice cool spot in the shade of a tree where the pansies are still going strong. They don't like the hot weather so I'm surprised they are still here.
I will have enough tomatoes for my salad for lunch today.
I need to do grocery shopping for my parents and me this morning and then I hope to work on something quilty.

3 comments:

Cathi said...

Those tomatoes look so yummy! Lucky you! I wish I could talk the gardeners here into planting a tomato plant or two!
Your garden must be magnificent to see in its entirety!

WorldmedTourism said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sequana said...

Any cookies left from yesterday?

Isn't this just wonderful weather? It's not even 70° here yet and it's noon.

I'm moving right along on a new quilt and it might even be cool enough to get the silk quilt out again.