Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Nature walk

I took some pictures yesterday while it was a little gloomy out. It is hard to get pictures of flowers in the direct sunlight. Here is the first balloon flower blossom, peeking between the lilies. The hydrangea bush is doing well.
The blossoms are bigger this year.
This is a rather invasive flower. When I moved here it was in the little piece of dirt between a sidewalk and the garage wall, and on the north side of the house. Suddenly about 10 years ago it was coming up everywhere. It is a native type plant that doesn't need much water, some kind of a bellflower.
I liked this little section of the front garden with the coleus planted in there for some color contrast.
Yesterday was a down day, all I did was pet fabric and take my mother to her dr. appointment. Today maybe I'll make some decisions.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the balloon flowers,i had many of them until we had to dig that spot up to put in city water. I grew them from seeds which wasn't easy.I have one small stem of them,which isn't doing much yet.Wig.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your flower photo's so much, the color mother nature combines gives us so much inspiration.

Your Hydrangea is gorgeous ! I have been trying to grow a bush for years. Lime-Light is the ONLY Hydrangea that grows successfully in my area. I love to dry them if I get some nice blossoms and bring into house to enjoy until next year.

J~MT

Cathi said...

Gorgeous flowers! The coleus is SO vivid!
I have a fabric folding pattern for a hydrangea that I may just try out today. It's too hot to do much else!

meggie said...

Sorry you were feeling down Wanda. Some days are just that way.
Love your garden pics. The coleus makes wonderful striking colour contrasts!

Quiltdivajulie said...

all we can do is all we can do... taking your mom to the doctor was enough for that day...

Thanks for sharing the gorgeous floral photos!

Rebel said...

all your flowers are gorgeous, but I have to say I prefer pink hydrangeas. ;)

good luck with your mom.