Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Pieces and Parts box, day 6

I hate to admit it but I am still cleaning. I guess that makes it sound like I live in a mess. I am a piler, any flat surface is game to have a pile on it. I don't think guests should have to look at piles, so I have been sorting, and sorting, and sorting. My computer desk is in the guest bedroom. The desk was the last thing I cleaned off, and it was a mess. Can any of you relate to a messy desk?

So I am back to the pieces and parts box today. This first picture is the left over triangles from my Prismatic Garden series. There are enough to do another wallhanging but I want more variety so I will wait until I'm ready to work on another one and piece some more groups to go with these.
Two leftover blocks from another batik quilt.
Left over HST blocks in 3 sizes.
9 crazy pieced blocks. I had made 18 at one time and made a wallhanging out of the other 9.
9 patches, squares, and triangles left from the Blooming 9 patch quilt.
I have to finish up the cleaning today. The guest room and bathroom are done. Now I just need to vacuum and dust the living room and clean the kitchen. They won't be interested in my studio so it will remain in its usual disorder.

14 comments:

Ryu, Dae Jung said...

Hello, I love all those pattern cloths...What is it really? Cloths?? heheh but I like it..rather unique and new.

Cathi said...

Oh, my -- the crazy pieced blocks are fabulous, fantastic, gorgeous!! I love them! The HST's in different sizes are making me think of a little pinwheel wallhanging with really narrow borders between sections. And the leftovers from the Prismatic Garden series? Gorgeous!
What fun you must have been having visiting all these pieces and bits again!

Lynda said...

You are making me feel very virtuous, because even MY UFO box hasn't got as much in it as yours! I thought I was easily distracted, but I'm happy to find a sister in being inspired to make some blocks - just because!
The blue quilt is coming on a treat.

Elsie Montgomery said...

I read somewhere that a clean desk was the sign of a deranged mind! That's my excuse anyway!

What is really bothering me about this post is when I clean up, all I find is dust, never anything this lovely and colorful. Shucks!

LOL!

Joyce said...

A messy studio is a working studio, or so I've been told.
Love all your parts. Hmmm... That sounds a bit strange to a non-quilter. Lol.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Having been away for a few days, I confess that I'm feeling a bit dizzy after reading all your Pieces and Parts posts back to back.... I'm glad that you've shared your sorting and cleaning process with us. What a marvelous visual treat! (now, back to the recliner -- energy is still zilch).

Sharon said...

I can sympathize with you and your cleaning. I too am a "stacker". It drives DH crazy. I'm really trying to keep it under control, but it's not easy!
You've got some beautiful parts and pieces there! Wish my "leftovers" box looked as good!
Enjoy your company!

jovaliquilts said...

Great parts! Those crazy blocks are my favorite. Thanks for continuing the show.

Purple Pam said...

If I had your "leftovers" I would pull them out and look at them, and play with them. What fun you must have had making all these projects that gave you leftovers. Some beautiful quilts came from these parts, I am sure.

Marilyn said...

Can you share a photo of your Blooming Nine Patch? I have one I am wanting to make and I love inspiration! Are your visitors from my part of the country? Wishing you a nice visit.

Cheryl said...

I have just found your blog, and feel I've found a kindred soul. My favorite part of quilting is the fabric and color using simple patterns. You do it all so well!

meggie said...

Lovely bits & pieces! Inspriation aplenty.

Narelle said...

I so love all the bright colours you play with and can't wait to start something using beautiful, bright colours. Just have to finish a few more WIP's first.

I have something for you if you'd like to pop over for a visit.

Nancy said...

These bits and pieces are lovely! I too would like to see the Prismatic Garden or a li nk to a previous photo of it please?
What do you do with all the quilts you make Wanda? You are so prolific and you've shown photos of your home, unless you stack the quilts on all walls and surfaces, they won't even fit inside! Thanks for sharing all the inspiration.