Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Blogiversary to me, happy blog............

Today is the day, one whole year of blogging, 431 posts so far. That's more than one a day some days. You can't tell I'm exited about this, can you?????? I have "met" so many wonderful people through blogging, people who don't think I am nuts for starting another project, then another, etc. It really helps to know that someone thinks I am OK for "playing with my fabric".

Now on to the really big news. I have my first tomato of the season!!! Before July 4!!! Well it's only a cherry tomato, but it is the first time I have had luck with a plant in a container.
I know this doesn't look like much yet. I'm just starting to play with an idea. I will probably more some squares around for better color groupings. I think I need to cut more variety in the bigger squares too.
It's not too late to sign up for the drawing for my Blogiversary. You have until midnite tonight to go to Sunday's post and leave me a comment or email me to tell me your choice of 1-6. Right now there are 30 for #1, 12 for #2, 11 for #3, 20 for #4, 32 for #5, and 17 for #6. The odds are pretty good for winning versus 1 out of 122.

12 comments:

Elaine Adair said...

A lovely tiny tomato is a sign of good fortune! Isn't it funny how a 'little thing' can brighten a whole day? 8-)

122 responders so far? You have a loyal following! Hope I'm lucky! (my name is already in).

Happy 4th! Frankly, I'm sick to death of all the danged noise, baking dogs, can't sleep because of it, and have to close the window for all the noise keaving the house hot and stiffling!!! Yep, cranky me.

Cathi said...

Congratulations on your first tomato of the season! My father used to grow tomatoes in our garden and that first tomato each year was always an occasion.
I love the squares -- still looks like a big candy jar full of wonderful goodies!

Anonymous said...

Keep playing! Thank you for sharing your colorplay with the online world. You brighten our days!

Rebel said...

Wow big day for you! Congratulations on your blogiversary, I've enjoyed seeing you play with color and make great things. And super congratulations on the little tomato, oh they taste so yummy warm and a little fuzzy right from the garden - enjoy!

Happy 4th of July. =)

Anonymous said...

Hi Wanda, Congratulations on your blogiversary!
Also Happy 4th of July, and I too picked my first
tomato. jmh

Karen said...

Happy Anniversary, I love all the inspiration I get from all your quilts. I am very jealous of your tomato, I feel luckily that at least I have flowers on my tomato plants.

Candy Schultz said...

Happy Anniversary.

Vicki W said...

Oh, you beat Chris. The deer got his early tomatoes. his first one will not ripen until later this week. I'm allergic to them so it doesn't matter to me. LOL! Happy Blogiversary!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your Blogiversary! Here's hoping you have many happy returns of this day as well as many, many more blog entries.

Happy 4th of July, too. It's all quiet here and eerily so. Usually there are fireworks banging away well before the 4th so I'm a little worried that they're saving it all up for tonight.

I'll be under the bed with the dogs!

Congratulations again and I can't wait to see what your newest project looks like when you're done playing with the layout. It sure is a happy and cheerful looking top!

Anonymous said...

Happy blog anniversary. I have only been with you a little while but have found so much insperation. I can't wait to visit your blog each day. I now feel it's okay also to just play with my fabric. Some days I don't even make anything I just do fabric color layouts. I'am also beginning to use brighter colors so you are still teaching even in retirement.
Happy 4th of July. Have a great day.
Roberta A.

jacquie said...

Celebrate with a bang tonight! This is looking cool. How are you deciding how to place the four patches? Just wondering a bit about your thought process.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Congrats, Wanda ~ blogiversary!!

We lost our first set of tomato plants to wilt, now on our second set which are growing but not yet thriving. We're determined, so think tomato-y thoughts for us, please.

Love the work-in-progress ~ spent today helping DH paint our bedroom (ceiling and first coat done, will do 2d coat and trim tomorrow). Would rather have played with fabric, but I love the way the room is turning out (despite some sore muscles).

Have fun with your drawing tomorrow ~ so very kind of you to share your excitement with all of us!