Saturday, July 12, 2008

Contemplating the next projects

While I was cutting for the last 4 Kaffe Fassett fabric quilts I also cut 1.5" and 2" strips. I still have a few 5.5" squares left from a quilt a year and a half ago. I have been thinking about cutting all of the larger print Kaffe fabrics into squares and then putting 2 borders around the squares. The first square would have the 1.5" border first and then the 2". The alternating block would have the 2" strip first and then the 1.5" around that. Just contemplating........ Since I made the Laurel Burch embroideries for Candy for her 50,000th visitor prize, I have started making some for myself. I have the horses
and the Christmas package which had this dog and cat together.
In my guest bedroom I made curtains 5 years ago with the cats embroidered on them. I have always intended to make a quilt with Laurel's fabrics for the twin bed I have in there. The queen bed gets used more often but I really don't want to make another queen bed quilt right now.
Well we got our rain. It came twice on Thursday, but this morning a little before five a.m. I awakened to strong winds and lots of rain. The local radio station said we got around 3" but that some areas 20 miles from here got 8". It is supposed to turn less humid and be very pleasant for the next couple days.

10 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

Found your blog via Google reader, who adviced me to have a look!

Wonderful colourful quilts and loads of inspiration... and finally someone who loves Laurel Burch creations!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Laurel Burch and Kaffe Fasset in the same post... be still my heart!

Fulvia said...

Having just found your blog for the first time, I have really enjoyed spending this morning reading many entries. You do beautiful work and display it for us in a lovely way through your blog; thank you!

Fulvia
www.fulviastudio.com

Sequana said...

You must have been sound asleep at about 1:30 when the REALLY hard wind and rain came through. That one had louder thunder also.

I've never warmed up to Laurel - not sure why.

Elsie Montgomery said...

I love Laurel Birch too. My biggest problem is not wanting to cut it up!

Anonymous said...

I agree with the gals above, and I've been a follower since you let me know you had a blog. I have learned way more from your BLOG than I have on HGTV. Your "professionalism" just shines!

The embroidery detail on those Laurel Burch horses and cats are wonderful. I can see why you like them so much.

J~MT

Cathi said...

Can't wait to see what you do with those Fassett squares and strips! It's sure to be fabulous.
I love Laurel Birch too and am the same as LC -- I don't want to cut into it either!

meggie said...

I dont know that I have ever seen Laurel Burch's designs, but I LOVE those embroideries! Wonderful! I am assuming you choose the colours yourself?
Can't wait to see what you do with that lovely fabric.

TB said...

I love the curtains!

StitchinByTheLake said...

I love the Laurel Burch embroideries - I have those patterns and put one on an apron, which was immediately claimed by one of my daughters. A quilt would be gorgeous! Blessings, marlene