Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Fly, baby, fly

I had seen 2 babies up in this nest a couple days ago and forgot to get their picture. Then yesterday when I was out pulling weeds I heard a parent robin chirping from the telephone wire across the yard. I looked up and here was baby trying to decide whether to try flying or not. Later in the day I saw him still in his nest, but by evening he was gone. I went back out and did more weeding and dead branch cutting in the afternoon so by evening I was tired. I needed to sew to unwind so I pulled out this tray of Kaffe fabrics, squares cut in 2 sizes.
I am making 4 patches with the small squares which will be randomly placed among the larger squares in a simple quilt.
There is still a little over 2 days to sign up for my Blogiversary giveaway on Sunday's post. If you haven't chosen which item 1-6 that you would like to win, be sure to go back and leave a comment or email me. I hope my regular readers who are on vacation will be back in time to get in on this.

12 comments:

Vicki W said...

Well, how cool is that?! What luck to see the baby ready to fledge!

Joyce said...

You have some gorgeous fabrics there.

Cathi said...

How great to see that baby robin thinking about its first flight!
I cannot wait to see your top in those prints -- I have some Fassett prints and am still unsure just what I want to do with them.

Sharon said...

It's always fun to watch the baby birds! That was good timing for you.
Love those gorgeous fabrics. It'll be fun "watching" this quilt take shape. And what a great way to unwind after a busy day. Productive, but not strenuous. That's thinking ahead!

Lynda said...

Kaffe Fasset fabris are so gorgeous! His use f colour has me drooling, but I think you are his equal! Waiting to see what you will make from these pieces.

meggie said...

Playing with those fabrics would sure brighten my mood!! Wonderful colours.

SueR said...

Baby birds are on the wing everywhere! Yesterday there was a baby bird that flew to our bird feeder in the backyard, and the mama bird was sitting on the bird feeder with the baby, feeding it. It was a really cool thing to see.

Can't wait to see what the Kaffe Fassett quilt will look like. I just love the colors in those fabrics.

TB said...

This will be a lovely quilt. As you know, I love Kaffe Fassett prints. You have a wonderful selection of them.

Anonymous said...

Just had to check out the past posts before I turned computer off for the night. As usual your fabric combinations just 'dance'. Love todays selection, so bright and summery.

Tuesdays runner glows ~ in photo it looks as if those triangles are of metal reflecting the summer rays.

Lucky Diane... that is a striking piece.

I voted since I last wrote the last sentence.

J~MT

dee said...

great way to unwind Wanda. Lovely little birds and Kaffe fabrics. I have many of the same fabrics and can't wait to see what you come up with.

Pattie said...

As usual, you inspire me, Wanda. I have a bunch of three-inch squares I was going to use in a tied quilt when I first started quilting. They've been sitting in my stash, waiting for an idea to come along. You've given me one - thanks!

Hope you have a Happy 4th. :-)

jacquie said...

I've always wanted to work with Kaffe Fassett fabrics. Haven't bought any yet...I'll be looking forward to seeing these squares all put together.