Friday, July 12, 2024

Yes, it is done...................


There was one short side and a little left on a long side when I started stitching yesterday so I stuck with it until it was done..  Full photo tomorrow.



It is going to be in the 90s and high humidity starting with Saturday so I thought I had better get the rest of the mulch spread.  This is the same red mulch but in the shade it looks brown.  The bushes are my Compact Burning Bushes planted in 2021.


Every year I show this tiny yellow Coneflower.  I think it is about 8" tall already which beats last year's 6".  It has more leaves this year so I'm hopeful it will grow more.

I waited until 8 p.m. to mow the grass in the backyard.  It was down to 72 with a dewpoint of 65.  The front yard may have to wait until the middle of next week when it cools off a little.  The front yard is in the hot sun almost all day so it doesn't grow as fast.

 

5 comments:

patty a. said...

The quilt is beautiful! That little coneflower is small but mighty!

Julierose said...

Congratulations on finishing your binding!! such a beautiful quilt!!
Our temp -- after a brief pop up shower--is 71.8 and DP is 71.4!!! Talk about being muggy!! No sewing plans today as my hands are tired...I did coffee die some small batting cut off pieces and they turned a lovely calm brown shade.
Hugs, Julierose

JJM said...

Quilt looks like a present waiting to be opened, I’m excited to see it all opened up tomorrow.
The mulch sure dresses up the back of your house, gives it such a fresh and finished look.

JJM

It has been in the 90’s and 3 days of 101 & 2 this week. Its really too hot when it hits 100 for all of us. But we don’t have your humidity so that helps a tiny bit.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

It sounds too hot for mowing. We have a problem with our mower and Mike can't fix it so needs to take it today and will be gone for a week or more - I will be walking through ankle high grass by time we get it back. I will need to try to re-mulch areas this fall once again when it is cooler.

Barbara Anne said...

Yeah YOU! Well done on finishing this happy quilt.

Seeing the side of your house made me wonder if you've ever considered making a quilt like the stonework walls? I love the many slight color changes in the stones.

Hugs!