Friday, July 5, 2024

This month's task...............


I got two quilts back from my longarm friend Robin.  That means I have 2 bindings to do.  The Churn Dash/Hole in the Barn Door top was made in August 2020 so it's time to be finished.  The Kaffe red squares quilt top was made in November last year.


I'm always saying the Tiger Lilies bloom around the 4th of July, so right on cue the first few blooms appeared.  They are about 5' tall.









I have to thank the bird that brought the first seeds to my front garden, and the lilies mysteriously appeared one spring.  I transplanted most of them to the back garden over a period of 3 years.



I still haven't dug out and transplanted the renegade outside my dining room window.  In fact there are 2 plants there this year.  This whole little garden needs to be dug out and re-done but it will have to wait 'til fall.

It wasn't extremely hot yesterday but it was so humid.  I went out around 7 to take pictures and water the tomato plants that are in pots.  I also had to tie up a couple of them.  I have all of them staked and have been moving the ties up toward the top.  I picked 2 more of the 4th of July variety that were half red/half orange.

 

4 comments:

Julierose said...

71.9 at 6 am here with DP of 71.1!!! Talk about humid!! It will be an AC day for sure...
I have my 2nd Flowering snowball all ready for machine quilting...
this one is a bit larger and I plan to take my time on it...

I am thinking of adding some hand quilting to the snowball centers on No. 1--perhaps a heart outline?

Have fun with your binding--this weather makes it perfect to stay in the cool air and do such things...

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it will be cooler and more humid today as we had a tiny bit of rain early morning and a front came through but cooler means 90 maybe instead of 98 - better! My tiger lilies are just now finishing up - I had so much orange in just about every direction from the porch to view and the last ones will be falling off this week I bet.

JJM said...

Such pretty Quilts in waiting to be bound. And so nice you have a friend to help you quilt your extra large quilt tops when needed.

Wow ~ So many buds ready to burst open on your Lillies plants. Looks like they ready to put on a show for you.

JJM

Barbara Anne said...

I am looking forward to seeing what binding binding fabrics you audition and which you choose for these two gloriously colorful quilts!

Keep cool!

Hugs!