Tuesday, July 30, 2024

It's a finished quilt top!.............................


Surprised?  I am!  I sewed the rest of the triangle blocks and cut a few more spacer blocks yesterday.  All Marcia Derse fabric. When I started arranging them on the design wall I had exactly enough pieces to make a  40" x 40" quilt top.  I took that as a sign that I was ready to sew it together.  I finished it in time to take a daylight photo.  It could be a wall hanging or baby quilt.



Did I use all of the triangles?  No.  Most of the ones left are 1, 2 or 3 alike with just a few prints that have more than that.  So I didn't clear out 3 trays.................so they will go back on the shelf.

We were lucky enough to get in on the rain Sunday and Monday mornings and got a total of 1.1".

11 comments:

Linda said...

Wow that was fast! Love the fabric blocks you added to those triangle blocks. I would selfishly use it as a wall hanging. :) Are those aluminum trays?

Julierose said...

You were really quick putting this one together, Wanda;)) It came out beautifully moody--;)))
73.6 here at 8 a.m. and DP=73--so very humid again.
I have caught some kind of bug--probably when I was in hospital with my lowered immunity from the thrush. We are a sad pair hahaha...hugs, Julierose

Mary said...

It's a beautiful quilt, Wanda!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Whoa, I did not see that coming so quick! The fabric added with the triangles is so neat and elevates the triangles into a great finish!

Nann said...

When the muse comes to visit she's quite insistent! Great design.

helenreimers said...

I really like that is. I got some reds and browns I am trying to find a pattern for. This might be it. Love the triangles

JJM said...

Baby quilt or wall hanging, this creation is so original Wanda.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that was fast! I'm sure you were glad to use up some more of the stash

Barbara anne said...

Brilliant and wonderfully unique on the planet. Well done, and so quickly, too. Amazing!

Hugs!

patty a. said...

What a great quilt top!

Vicki W said...

That came together quickly and it looks great!