Wednesday, July 31, 2024

July 2024 Monthly Recap................


It was obvious I wasn't going to have any more finishes today so my monthly recap is a day earlier than usual.  I had two finishes, both quilted by my longarm friend Robin.  The Red Kaffe Squares is 66" x 84.5" and has at least 77 different Kaffe collective fabrics in it.  Hole in the Barn Door/ Churn Dash with 4 different size blocks is 63.5" x 82.5" and also is Kaffe collective fabrics.  This one might have closer to 100 different fabrics.


I didn't expect to have a quilt top finish for July but this one just came together so fast.  It is 40" square and is all Marcia Derse fabric, triangles cut from scraps, rectangles cut from scraps.






Before I put away the trays with the leftovers I took all of the triangles that were singles or doubles and paired them dark/light and sewed them.  Now I have all of the leftovers on 2 trays.

I spent a lot of time cleaning up the gardens in July.  Luckily the whole month wasn't extremely hot like it can be some years.  I also had 2 successful de-stash sales and with the combination of June and July I sent 266 yards of fabric and lots of miscellaneous to new owners.  Lots of scraps left my house so now I can go directly to yardage with no guilt.

11 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

love that churn dash quilt!

Julierose said...

Love the KF Red Sqs quilt a lot!! Nice work on both of your finishes for July.
73.6 here with DP of 73.1--I am a broken record--humid again!! :((((
Finally starting to feel a bit better here; DH is doing really well..His post op is Friday...hugs, Julierose

Linda said...

Your churn dash is fabulous! I'm jealous of the destash and no guilt. :D

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love that Churn Dash quilt. If I sold that much fabric from stash I think I would have to start all over again as I would be nearly out! That is good to take care of it now though and thin it out.

Quiltdivajulie said...

That MD baby quilt is terrific! And congratulations on the two beautiful finishes.

JJM said...

Two complete finishes and a top as well ~ successful de-stash sales and garden work is a grand month of progress ! Your two quilts are so beautiful and full of your signature ‘Exuberant’ fabrics. Plus your speedy quilt top for baby. Fun post today.


JJM

GOOGLE has changed their comment section back to what it has been…. I hope it stays that way now.

Nann said...

You had a very productive month!

Mary said...

I know you must be pleased with your destash efforts. Now, have fun with that yardage!

Barbara Anne said...

Your accomplishments amaze me and put me to shame. My only defense is lupus fatigue and I sure didn't choose to have it.

Love the quilts and quit top - applause, applause!!

Hugs!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Your finishes are all gorgeous, but I really, really LOVE that churn dash. It is something out of the ordinary, and your pictures of both these finished ones just glow!
Glad you are not having such bad heat. We are, of course. But at least the electricity is back on and slowly, slowly, we are getting cleaned up from the storm.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Such colorful and beautiful finishes. It has been hotter here than I would like. I would like to be outdoors more. Keeping up with watering is a big job.