Saturday, July 13, 2024

First finish for July 2024..............


I love making quilts with several different size blocks.  This one has 4 sizes.  All of the fabrics are Kaffe Fassett collective.  

This quilt is 63.5" x 82.5".  The longarm quilting was done by my friend Robin.

The camera once again is emphasizing the dark and light and I don't feel that the dark blocks are as dark as they look in these photos.


This is an angle photo that I took when I finished the top and the colors seem much more accurate here.  Every straight on photo I take of it is value distorted.


The backing fabric, also a Kaffe fabric, was a gift from a friend.  The binding is an older Kaffe print.  The quilt has Hobbs 80/20 batting in it.

I started making the blocks for this quilt on June 17, 2020 and finished the top in August 2020.  4 years in the waiting room before it would be finished.

Yesterday turned out to be partially cloudy and the humidity wasn't too bad so I finished the mowing in 2 sessions.  Now the temperature is going to be 90 or above for 4 days with high humidity.

 

15 comments:

Colleen said...

Beautiful quilt!
I've been noticing how nice and crisp ur pics have been lately. Did you get a new camera? Or are my eyeballs just cleaner? Lol Those folded quilts posted a few days back looked like I could reach out and touch them! And believe me, I wanted to!

cityquilter grace said...

wowza! colorific! i did a churn dash last year with different size blocks...soo fun

Anonymous said...

Wow, I just love this one - captures all our hot weather! And yes, the different sized blocks always intrigue me, so far I've just managed a couple quilts with 2 sizes of stars so I need to improve in that regard.

Cheers,
Ceci

Cathy said...

Oh, gosh, what a riot of glorious color! What a fabulous quilt. Wouldn't that be nice to snuggle up in to lift the spirit on a cold dreary day.

Julierose said...

Just a lovely multi-sized block quilt!! I love that umbrella KF fabric--I have some of it waiting to be used...I hate to cut into it:)))
Raining here--very showery these past few days--15 min of heavy rain then nothing for a few hrs followed by more brief rain showering....74.7 here with 73.8 DP--so muggy muggy....
Hugs, Julierose

julieQ said...

Your quilts glow with inner light.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like the small blocks tucked in with the larger ones - looks great.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Perfect size for a quilt! I know the camera's take on colors is a pain! What I can see I do like. The different size blocks give some drama to the quilt. Such a great finish!

JJM said...

This quilt certainly has the WOW factor ! Intriguing with the different size blocks. And it has your signature exuberant colors to it. Another creative show piece from your studios Wanda. 💕

JJM

Vicki W said...

Oh, I love a chrun dash quilt and this one is a riot of wonderful color.

Nann said...

The alternate sizes really add to the design!
Hope you're staying cool this muggy weekend. We did the annual garden tour fast to beat the heat!

Barbara Anne said...

What a joyously colorful quilt, front, back, and binding! You've done it again, Wanda, dreamed up and made a one-of-a-kind-on-the-planet glorious quilt. Applause, applause!

Hugs!

Mystic Quilter said...

Beautiful - loaded with glorious colour!! I do like your use of a few different sized blocks, very effective.

Helenchaffin said...

Another amazing quilt so beautifully done!

patty a. said...

Congratulations on your first finish for July. It is so pretty! Besides an exercise in scale, it's a showcase for pattern - more is better!