Friday, July 26, 2024

Little plants................


I noticed my cute little yellow Coneflower was blooming yesterday.  It's about 10" tall now.  I have a wide overhang on my house so it really doesn't get much rain unless there is wind with the storm.







Yesterday was the first full day for the Begonias in the pot so I expect them to look better in about a week.  I have to admit I didn't plant them until 10 days after I bought them so they were very root bound.

I got the last 2 packages mailed out from my 6th destash sale.  There are still 3 packs of Cherrywood fabric left (#2, 12, and 13) and a Karen Stone paper piecing pattern, An Unusual Feathered Star.  I'll be moving the photos of the sold items over to my third blog, You Missed It: Already Sold, this weekend.

7 comments:

Linda said...

That coneflower is such a pretty yellow. I am jealous of your beautiful pots of color! I love pots full of blooms but they just bake in our heat. Everything is getting pretty crispy here in far north Texas, and our low rain chances will end this week.

Julierose said...

I love begonias--I hope they will bounce right back for you...
I am going to get DH this morning to bring him home...dxpect the usual wait for paperwork!!
I am still not sewing--cannot decide what to do next--so am waiting for some inspiration...taking a little break to wear my Nurse's cap this weekend...hugs, Julierose

patty a. said...

Your little yellow coneflower is so sweet! I had to water last night and my pink/purple coneflowers are looking all faded with all the heat.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love the flower in the sidewalk

Barbara Anne said...

Qhat a charming little coneflower!

Hugs!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Your coleus are so pretty and I like the begonias, too. I have mostly destruction in my yard, but I was pleased to see new zinnia plants poking up in the garden that was demolished by Beryl.

Mystic Quilter said...

Wanda, I'm only just catching up on post reading following our hit and run by a guy on the motorway last weekend, so it's good to see what you've working on. I love what you describe as your 'slump month', great idea to have one of those now and again . Your photos of your garden are lovely to see as always, hydrangeas are one of my favourite shrubs, and yours look to be in tip top condition, beautiful colour.