Sunday, July 21, 2024

End of a busy week....................


This past week was so busy, no time to think about much except being on time for appointments and getting my Internet company issues resolved.  I guess I did get a binding done too.  My Grandson got both new Comcast units hooked up, put in the 2 eight foot bulbs in my studio and assembled a 4 step ladder with side grab bars for the few times I need to use one.   I was wiped out by last night.

I went out with my camera to see what has happened in the gardens.  The Zinfin Doll Hydrangea blooms are just starting to turn pink.



The bush has grown so much.  This is its 3rd year in this garden.  There are a few blooms at the bottom that are still green.





The Annabelle blooms start out lime green, then turn white and now are going back to lime green.






The little Flare Hydrangea, that I got for $8 at the end of the season last year, has 3 blooms. When I bought it, it was past blooming so I never saw what the blooms will look like.







This is as far as it has bloomed so far.








The tiny Yellow Coneflower near the Hydrangea is the tallest it has been since the first year it was planted.  It has 3 buds.








The tomato plants have stated growing faster now.  The tall one in the back is the Sun Gold cherry tomato.  The 2 in front are Early Girl and 4th of July.  I have had tomatoes off all three.







The 4 plants in pots are doing well.  I put cardboard down to make a flatter spot for the pots but I think the drainage isn't as good.  We had almost 4" of rain from Saturday through Tuesday and some of the leaves are turning yellow on the plants. That is a sign of being too wet.  All of the plants have lots of green tomatoes on them.  In the pink pot is a volunteer Azalea bush that I will give to a neighbor.


I'll finish my tour with a view across the back garden.  A few of the tall Tiger Lilies got broken off in the storm either Monday or Tuesday night.  Closest to the camera is Oxeye Daisy and Purple Coneflower.  Beyond the bird feeders are Black Eyed Susan, Tiger Lilies and Purple Coneflowers.  There are some Brown Eyed Susan plants that will bloom soon.

8 comments:

Julierose said...

Lovely garden tour, Wanda; your hydrangeas are really looking beautiful! :)))
Nice you had help in getting everything set up from your grandson;)))
68 here and humid after about .04" of rain overnight. We are very dry with grass turning brown already...
Have a nice, restful day hugs, Julierose

Linda said...

Looks like your garden is flourishing. My garden produced a volunteer Sun Gold this year. It is my favorite cherry tomato. It has such a unique taste and smell.

Barbara Anne said...

I'll say you accomplished a lot this week!

Have you seen ladders with broad steps? They feel so much safer and have been available at Lowe's and Home Depot for about 20 years. We have a 4 step one and inherited a 3 step one from my in-laws.

Lovely garden! We planted two lemonade hydrangeas in several years ago and they have been a disappointment: leggy, scrawny so am thinking of replacing them with the tried and true sweet mop head hydrangeas that chance colors with the pH of the soil.

Hugs!

JJM said...

After all your work yesterday you went out to photograph for a lovely Sunday Summer post today. I love hydrangea’s I only have one huge bush that puts on a great show every year. I love to see it during the winter still so big and bushy laden with snow ~ then cut it way back in the spring and watch it come back in all its glory every year. My sister has a huge hydrangea garden with several varieties also. She is my neighbor so I can walk over and enjoy hers with her as well.

JJM

Mary said...

Your plants just get prettier and prettier. Maybe I'll try hydrangea next year.

Libby in TN said...

Hydrangeas -- first they sleep, then they creep, then they take over the garden! Yours are beautiful.

MissPat said...

The Zinfin Doll hydrangea is very pretty. My deer would demolish it in a night. With all the rain you've had, maybe the tomatoes need a boost of fertilizer.
Pat

Vicki W said...

How nice to have a grandson around to help out! Your garden is beautiful.