Tuesday, July 2, 2024

June 2024 Monthly Recap.....................



 
There were 3 finishes in June.  From left to right:  Baby quilt started in 1996 and I still love the fabrics in it.  It is 35" x 41".  Kaffe X quilt made with yarn dyed woven stripes and Kaffe prints is 58.5" x 78.5".  The top was made in 2022.  16 patch made with African fabrics and mottled batiks with an accent batik print as alternate squares scattered through the quilt.  It is 62.5" x 78.5".  The top was made in October last year.  The 2 large ones were quilted by my longarm friend Robin.

I only made one new quilt top, all Kaffe Fassett collective fabrics.  It is 40" x 60".

The good news is that in the first 6 months of the year I have made 20 quilt tops and finished 20 quilts.  The bad news, I still have 39 tops waiting to be quilted; no progress on that front.







This collage shows all of the quilt tops made in the first 6 months of this year.  Some of them have been finished this year.

This collage is the finished quilts in the first 6 months.  The collage maker decides the size of each quilt so they aren't to scale.

I have added a few things to my destash on the Wandaful Quilts blog.  A few are re-runs from previous weeks.  I'm slowly working my way through my re-organizing of my stash.

6 comments:

Julierose said...

Just so many lovely, vibrant quilts you've created, Wanda. I would be hard pressed to choose a favorite;))) They are all so individually lovely and different...Gorgeous works....
Only 61 here this morning again--much cooler than it has been...but nice sunrise and I think we can have a nice deck day--
I've decided to add more quilting lines to my Kawandi--to give it some texture--I feel that it is lacking "something"--you know that feeling?
I would like to make a purple Kawandi next; and this time I would make my quilting/sewing lines much closer....live and learn;))) hugs, Julierose

JJM said...

What a grand and ‘Exuberant colorful’ post today Wanda. Truly works of art each and every one. And a good ‘round-up’ reminder of all you created this year.

JJM

Quiltdivajulie said...

WOW - you have kept busy! I've only finished six quilts so far this year . . . that is going to change in the second half of 2024!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I don't think anyone creates as many quilts as you do - they are all wonderful

Linda Swanekamp said...

I just love the variety and different quilts you make. A true eye fest. You inspire me to try something else and vary the fabrics a lot. Great show!

Barbara Anne said...

What an amazing number of quilts you've made and/or finished this year! Each is a celebration of colors and patterns and you should be proud of yourself and your accomplishments! Applause, applause!

Hugs!