Thursday, June 22, 2023

The good and bad about sorting stash.............


Yesterday's task was to go through the big bin that had the pinks in it.  There were a lot of miscellaneous light fabrics in it too.



I separated the pinks by peachy pinks and true middle pink.  The good thing is I have the pinks sorted and in nice even piles.  The bad part?  I want to start a quilt right now with the peachy pinks.......but I must continue on with my current quilt project and choose something to finish this month.

I would like to add some soft oranges to this group for a future quilt.



This pile is mostly true pink like the ones I used in several quilts in the last 2 years.  There are a few large prints in this group.









Yesterday I watched a Free Spirit interview with Kaffe about some of his older fabrics that are going to be reprinted for December delivery.  Last year he did some for his 85th birthday.  This one #11 Flower Lattice is one that is being reprinted.  I have these 2 colors of the original printing.  There is a beautiful turquoise or blue that I had never seen.  I had some of one of the green colorways but didn't see it in my search.


Another to be reprinted is Grandiose by Philip Jacobs.  This has always been one of my favorites.  The deep toned colorway is my favorite.  I must have used the pink one on the bottom right as a backing because I have a long narrow piece of it.  An Etsy seller has 1/2 yard of the deep toned one priced at $38.99.  That's almost $78 a yard................


My Sun Gold cherry tomato plants are getting tall and leggy.  They have several groups of green tomatoes on them.

Yesterday morning a friend stopped by and I dug some Coral Bells for her.  The soil is so dry they came out bare root.  We are down 7" of rain since April 1.  The temperature on our first day of summer was 88 degrees and it is going to be in the 90s over the weekend.

8 comments:

Julierose said...

Fabrics have really risen in price this past year--like everything else, I guess!
Your pinks look so lovely all neatly stacked together...I can see some lovely
pink quilts in your future...;))
Only 56 this morning and clouded over...no rain as yet despite the prediction that we would have significant rains overnight!! They just slide right by us it seems...
hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is way to much for a piece of fabric I think and I know I would never pay it. Your fabrics are all lovely

Linda Swanekamp said...

It all makes the fabrics you have a great deal. It is supposed to be cooler here in the next couple of days, so maybe I won't have to water as much. I love Grandiose also.

JJM said...

I enjoyed your post today Wanda ~ Good job sorting and your full pieces of fabrics shown are gorgeous. And to hear that Etsy has a half yard for sale at $38.99 is unbelievable ! Is shipping free ? (*._.*)

JJM

Barbara Anne said...

Hope you will pull some of the pinks and peachy pinks for that quilt you're eager to make. It cannot be all organization, after all!

Will gladly send some of our rain, if I can huff and puff it in your direction!

Hugs!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Oh do I ever understand the pull of those pinks to start something new right now. And I, too, have been watching the announcements of the VINTAGE reprint line coming in December. The turquoise PJ Grandiose is one I have pre-ordered. Others I'm still watching (and wishing for).

Patty said...

You have a wonderful stash of pinks! That’s great some of the fabrics are being reprinted. Somebody would have to be awful desperate to pay that kind of money for a half yard! There is a cross stitch chart that is out of print and I saw people asking a starting bid of $65 for it. I don’t need it that bad. LOL! I found out it is going to be reprinted so it will only be about ten bucks.

Mystic Quilter said...

You have an amazing collection of pinks Wanda. I'm just about to watch the Free Spirit interview - I've seen the colour range of the new Grandiose, these are my favourites! I have a small piece of three of his original colourways from way back.