Thursday, June 8, 2023

Auditioning the stripe...........



I made 5 more Pinwheel blocks and a few more of the dark purple with coral and peach.  I did a little mock up starting on the left side: double row of Pinwheels, single row of triangle squares, 4" stripe border, single row of Pinwheels and single row of triangle squares.  Next would be another stripe border and then the center section of all triangle squares.  The good news is that I think the stripe that I chose is going to work.


I can see I need more light Pinwheel blocks and also low contrast Pinwheels.  I still need almost 130 pinwheels so I need to pace myself with a goal number of them each day.  I also need lots more pieces for the single row darker borders plus all of the triangle squares for the center section.  I have enough pieces cut for about 3-4 more days of sewing so a day of cutting will be needed too.

It was a beautiful cooler day with a nice breeze yesterday, my kind of weather.  Every year I need to trim off the top of my Viburnum bush that is outside of my kitchen window by the sink.  Otherwise I can't see the bird feeders and birdbath from that window.  Oh, and then there are the flowers that I can't see all summer too.  I did the trim yesterday afternoon.

9 comments:

julieQ said...

Your half square triangle quilt is so cool, and I do love that stripe!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Thanks for the extra photos from the finished quilt, helps me visualize what you are doing. Having a hard time here with the smoke. My eyes smart so much, keep putting drops in them. I think having cataract surgery recently has made them more sensitive.

Julierose said...

Good to see where you are headed with this pinwheel and borders quilt--nice choice of borders fabric;)))
54 today and smoggy skies once again...hoping for sunnier skies by the weekend...hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like the look so far and thanks for showing more of the quilt you are going by it gives more of a view for us to see where you are heading.

Sue Vermeland said...

Gonna be a beaut, Wanda! Love your color/fabric choices!

Barbara Anne said...

This quilt is already looking good!

It's thundering here and hope it rains so some of the smoky haze will wash out of the air.

Hugs!

JJM said...

I’m checking in every day, even though I’m not posting a comment.. Font Hill is is fascinating to watch grow.

JJM

Patty said...

You are making a lot of progress.

Nann said...

The stripe print has the right streakiness. Good find!