Sunday, June 4, 2023

Still playing with stash.............


I'm going through batiks in my main floor studio now, pulling ones that I want to use in the Fonthill quilt.  The triangles are 2" finished so I need smaller designs.  I will cut a 3" strip off most of these and cut the triangles with my die cutter.

I'm still moving my Kaffe fabrics upstairs, taking my time and enjoying looking through them as I work on it.  When I get them all upstairs I will then need to shuffle other fabrics back onto the shelving in the basement.  Right now most of the fabric is still sitting in large plastic storage boxes waiting for my decisions.  I will be pulling out fabrics I want to sell and restacking what I'm keeping.  Fun, and I'm not in any hurry, little by little between other tasks.


Kaffe mentions using a lot of neutral colors in the pinwheel borders of the Fonthill quilt (see previous 2 posts if you don't know what quilt I'm talking about) and he used quite a few stripes and a few plaids.  I thought Kaffe's shirt stripes print might work.  Little 2" finished triangles won't show a lot of the design and there are enough different stripe sections that most of the triangles should look different from each other.

I just realized yesterday that I left out of the collage (a couple days ago) one of the latest pink quilt tops, the wonky heart top.  There really isn't room for another quilt in that collage so I went back and added the wonky heart as a separate photo on that post.

It's going to be a little cooler this week so I should be able to turn off the A/C and open the windows.  I also will be able to keep the blinds open so it will be brighter in the house.  That sounds like a good energetic week to me.

4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I saw on the news that it was very hot in the north for a change - we have been hotter and dryer than normal for this time of year. I have been putting a lot of the blinds down as well and I don't like a dark house. All of the fabric is so pretty

Julierose said...

Pretty batiks for your mix;)))--such fun looking through your stash with you!! I have to re-sort my fabrics left after my round 2 de-stash...little by little...
Only 51 here and cold, raw, and misting; we had to abort our river walk as it was just too damp and my back began to tighten up--so I sat in our car while DH finished his walk...
Hugs julierose
P.S. hoping for consistent warmer days soon...
still no marigolds in sight;000

Linda Swanekamp said...

It is a whole different part of the brain, pulling all that fabric, thinking and making choices of what to use and how. I hope you had a satisfying time.

Vicki W said...

I think it's fun to go through the stash every now and then. I always rediscover something fun. Summer is a good time to do that in a basement.